Store rejection for screenshots screenshots include transparent backgrounds or masking

I do not know why it is like that? They rejected me 3 times, although there were no such problems before. Only with such a setting of the graphics, they accepted it without any problems.

1 Like

Maybe a stupid question, but is it not like
-have at least 4 watchface 1:1 screenshots (as from a device) with not transparent pixels (white or black or any colour)
-plus to previous, eventually have additional images with explanations, promo shoots, whatever, while 16:9?

So. The time has come. The evil demon of rejection overtook me. “Get away from me, demon!”
After I had no problems with 13 Watch Faces, I thought I would upload a 14th one. Pretty simple, analog, no heart rate features, OppoWatch excluded.
It looked like this:

Answer fom Google:
App eligibility issues:
Eligibility Issue

Wear screenshot
Here are some issues we found with your Wear OS screenshots:

*** Your app’s Play Store listing provided a non-valid Wear OS screenshot aspect such as 1:1 for circular and square screenshots, and 4:5 for rectangular screenshots***
*** Your app’s Play Store listing provided a non-valid Wear OS screenshot with additional text and graphics that are not part of your actual app’s interface.***

Okay: So a new Wear OS screenshot uploaded:
Text removed, background white. Format 1024 x 500 px. jepeg

E-Mail from Google:

Publishing status: Rejected
Your app has not been accepted into Wear OS. This does not affect your app’s status on Google Play.
Reasons of violation\ 48xauto App eligibility issues:
Eligibility Issue
Wear screenshot
Here are some issues we found with your Wear OS screenshots:

• Your app’s Play Store listing provided a non-valid Wear OS screenshot aspect such as 1:1 for circular and square screenshots, and 4:5 for rectangular screenshots.

I really don’t know what they want from me. The main entry in the store is 16: 9, in the guidelines (Add preview assets to showcase your app - Play Console Help) Minimum 384x384px.
What now?

So next one:
Uploaded the second screenshot again. This time 1600x900px. Should be 16: 9.
JPEG format, white background, of course not transparent.

I also replied to them twice by email. Asked where the problem is and told them that the watch face was only developed for round watches.
So, what does that mean? “Circular, Spuare, Rectangular”?

So what’s the non sense?
I’ll wait and see. Answer is still pending.

Your explanation is perfect. Thank you so much for your support. :pray:

Don’t look at the captions under the frames in the Wear OS section. (I already wrote to them about it, so that the descriptions were correct, because they are misleading.) There, the graphics must be in the 1: 1 format. I put screens from the watch, i.e. in the resolution of 450X450. I will not check them again, since they pass on a white square measuring 450X450.

1 Like

Hard to say. Although from what I remember, in one of the e-mails, google replied that the explanation of the functionality of the face should be included in the description on the text on the graphics. After the recent turmoil of adding to the store, I don’t have the strength to fight them anymore. : D
The more so because problems with HR functionality are returning again.

2 Likes

Okay. Does that mean, that I can take the screenshot from WFS, convert it into a jpeg with (in my case) 512x512 px and a white background, and thats it?

Yes of course. The maximum allowable size is even much larger.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I uploaded the screenshot as you described. Hope this time it will work.

I uploaded the screenshots and wait …

Should be like this.

TanchaS53-01

2 Likes

Yeah. My WF has now been accepted into Wear OS. Thanks again for your help.
Obviously it was really just the format.

And the show must go on…unbelievably

And recently I wrote that HR problems are starting again. What or how they test it, no one will guess. Nightmare. Once HR goes through, sometimes it doesn’t. The worst part is, the faces have the same functionality and the same descriptions.

2 Likes

just got another watchface approved in just a day .

im using watch4classic png and paste screenshots on them on a carbon grey background. and then save as jpg in photoshop and save all of them in 1920x1080 which is 16:9 ratio

i flatten png screenshots for wear os upload in photoshop which adds white background around the png and then save as jpg.

But my 2 watchfaces which have HR are still stuck latest rejection was of square watches HR not working. i removed those devices even made an appeal for review no progress .

Relax, you have the google revile. Abruptly they quit reacting to three-dimensional designs. They got new gifts in the road, put them behind work areas, and for them symbols should be level like a table top. Taken from watch symbols, no portrayals. Exposed like Adam and Eve in heaven. :smile: :smile: :smile: You need to change over from png to jpg.

So finally the WF was approved. Simple screenshots from WFS and HR removed and everything okay

Below screenshots were accepted by Google.

Wear OS Screenshots (450x450)
NOTW450X450_1

NOTW450x450_2

NOTW450X450_3

NOTW450X450_8

ICON

Your feature graphic (If you want you can use your logo in the graphic)

2 Likes

Hello, a query like the majority that I mention I have the problem of rejection by screenshots, when uploading new images, what is the process to validate it again? I get mail that my app is still updated but something to give it in advanced settings and check “Participate in Wear Os” automatically appears as an update rejected.

Hello,
You should upload a new version for your watch face. The version number of the new version has to be bigger than the old one.