Supported devices

Hey guys,

I’m new to watch face studio.

I designed a watchface and I’ve already uploaded it to the playstore.
My concern ist that only 37 devices are supported. In the description for WFS it says, that all devices with Wear OS Verion 2.0 or higher are supported. I’m pretty sure that’s more than 37 different devices.
I have a Fossil Gen 5 smart watch with Wear OS 2.34. The playstore tells me, that the watchface is incompatible with my own watch. Does anybody have an idea, what mistake I made?
Furthermore I can’t find the watchface in the playstore when searching for the exact name. It also has no downloads at all. Is it possible, that for some reason it is not displayed in Playstore? Play Console tells me that production is active.

I was really motivated and spent a lot of time designing the Watchface. Now it’s a huge bummer, that nowbody can download and use it.

I’d be really thankful for any useful advice. I probaply just got some settings wrong in WFS or in play console.

Thanks already for your help.

Helpful information:

The documentation says
…as long as the device targets Wear 2.0 (API level 28) or higher. I believe Fossil Gen 6 is compatible. The blogs I read do not list Gen 5 as being upgraded but they could be wrong.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks! That’s a really helpful summary.

Though I have to say, that I had already done everything as described in this post.
Good news is: My fossil Gen 5 is supported now, although I didn’t change anything. Also it still says that only 37 devices are supported.
Just as a comparison for me: I guess, you have designed some watchfaces with WFS aswell. Could you tell me, how many devices are supported in Play Concole? Maybe it’s a problem or limitation in WFS that only supports 37 devices.
One last question: Do you have any idea, why my watchface doesn’t appear in Play Store when searching for the exact name? I’m afraid it still can’t be found at all.

Thanks for your help!

My watchfaces support 48 devices.

This is an ongoing issue. There is a long long thread here regarding it. It is a Play Store issue.

Ron

I have the same issue. My watch face can run flawlessly on my watch during testing. But on play store it shows my device isn’t supported. And I tried to add my device on Play Console’s Device Catalog, but it’s greyed out.

[See this Topic](Release Google Play Store - #9 by SGWatchDesign Release Google Play Store) I think it all the required settings etc. are covered. The full answer is the 7th or 9th reply

Also You need to use the latest version of WFS or you will get a bundled error rejection.

Ron