Tizen Studio problem on MacOS Big Sur

Hi Paul,

Please open a support request on this. They can contact the Tizen Support team. I tried to search on this and didn’t see anything that quite matched your problem.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hello,
I also have the same problem.
I manually approved all the banners and managed to install the package manager.
In the package manager, however, I cannot find the extension for developing TV apps.

How can I solve?
Thanks

You need to add the TV Extension and Samsung Certificate extensions in the Device Manager - Extensions SDK Instructions are HERE.

Hope this helps I haven’t tried it on a Mac.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

i am using an M1 apple silicon computer with Big Sur. After installing tizen studio (with all the above mentioned workarounds), I am able to run the package manager and the additional workaround to install the TV SDK’s. Once that’s all done, i can even manage certificates. However, the device manager is unable to connect to my tv, nor is sdb. I am able to connect to the TV on the same network using an intel mac that is on catalina. Is anyone able to connect to a TV under this new configuration? (M1 apple silicon on big sur)

2 Likes

I did all of the manually approvals and installed Tizen Studio. When i try to launch I get this error saying the JVM Shared Library doesn’t the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol. So I cannot proceed with launching the SDK. Any ideas on how to fix this?

i was able to connect to the device. I had to go into the tv and provide the ip address of the developer workstation. So, i can now connect to the tv from an M1 box using device manager. However, when i try to launch my web app from tizen studio, i get out of memory errors on the M1 Box thrown by tizen studio. - Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1 Like

Ok so baby steps continued, i got around the “out of memory” error by turning off JavaScript Validation in tizen studio and then i was able to build the artifact, but it fails on installation with

app_id[xxxxxxx.xxxx] install failed[118]

The weird thing is that i am able to install it just fine by using commandline tools
~/tizen-studio/tools/sdb connect 10.21.x.x
~/tizen-studio/tools/ide/bin/tizen install – ./dist -t UNxxxxxxxx --name xxxx.wgt

but it won’t install through studio, which i need in order to be able to debug.

Also, this issue is not specific to M1, i have the same issue on my intel mac. Installs fine from command line but fails to install via tizen studio

I have the same issue - did you get it resolved @sammycone ?

Hello daragh.ward
follow the below steps to install Tizen Studio 4.1.1

1. From the terminal, try below command-
    sudo spctl --master-disable

2. Download the Tizen Studio from the below link and install it.
    Download | Tizen Developers

Hope this helps,

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

@r.liechty_SDR tried above.
Nothing happened when clicked installer on mac.
Big Sur 11.4

/Volumes/Tizen_Studio_4.1.1/installer.app/Contents/MacOS/installer ; exit;
installer.jar exists
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no management in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1871)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:871)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1124)
at sun.management.ManagementFactoryHelper$4.run(ManagementFactoryHelper.java:451)
at sun.management.ManagementFactoryHelper$4.run(ManagementFactoryHelper.java:449)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.management.ManagementFactoryHelper.(ManagementFactoryHelper.java:448)
at java.lang.management.PlatformComponent$1.getMXBeans(PlatformComponent.java:72)
at java.lang.management.PlatformComponent.getMXBeans(PlatformComponent.java:377)
at java.lang.management.ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(ManagementFactory.java:472)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.jmx.Server.reregisterMBeansAfterReconfigure(Server.java:118)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.setConfiguration(LoggerContext.java:369)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.reconfigure(LoggerContext.java:416)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.LoggerContext.start(LoggerContext.java:146)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:75)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.core.impl.Log4jContextFactory.getContext(Log4jContextFactory.java:37)
at org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager.getLogger(LogManager.java:473)
at org.tizen.installer.util.Log.open(Log.java:75)
at org.tizen.installer.util.Log.getLogger(Log.java:144)
at org.tizen.installer.ui.wizard.WizardUIMain.(WizardUIMain.java:68)

Hi

I do Have this issue

the tizen SDK 4.1 installer doesn’t work at all on Mac OS X Big Sur (11, 2 RC).

I have the award issue as portrayed yet the installer never really doesn’t (have even an unfilled window)

I attempted to introduce utilizing visual studio on macintosh utilizing the tizen module

I prevailed to have the GUI to begin sdk download and permitting award .

It downloads the SDK, yet toward the end it told that the installer couldn’t be begun and fizzles

I was having the Oracle JDK 15 , so I likewise attempted subsequent to introducing again the JDK 8 as it was the one mentioned

be that as it may, nothing worked

James

If you have Java JDK installed it will not work. You also need Tizen Studio 4.1.1 because the last change in Big Sur changed things again.

Uninstall Java JDK unless you need it for something else.

If you need Java JDK / JRE for another application open a support request for help.

Hope this helps,
Ron

Hello,

I am running macOS BigSur 11.4. No Java installed in my machine and still can’t get the Tizen Studio IDE installed. I have tried all the workarounds mentioned in this forum. Any help is appreciated.

Big Sur 11.5.1 was released. I think it has added additional difficulties. I’ll try to see if the Tizen Team has any new insights. If I don’t reply in a week ping this again.

I wish I could be of more help,

Ron

I have an error saying -:
cannot run program "/bin/sh" (in directory "user/....."): error=2, No such file or directory

What to do?

HI Rudrashah,

/bin/sh is shell scripts and those are not in Big Sur.

Are you doing these steps
Uninstall Java JDK unless you need it for something else.

If it still doesn’t work open a support request

Ron

Any updates? I have tried literally every version of Tizen. No luck

Big Sur 11.5.1 broke the installer again. open a support request and they can contact the Tizen Studio development team on your behalf if they can’t solve it.

Apple considers Java JRE a security issue and has increasingly made it harder to run programs that have that included.

Ron

any news about this?

./web-cli_Tizen_Studio_4.1.1_macos-64.bin
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/vnx/.package-manager/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libnio.dylib: dlopen(/Users/vnx/.package-manager/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libnio.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: @rpath/libnet.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/vnx/.package-manager/jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/libnio.dylib
  Reason: image not found
	at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1946)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1849)
	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:871)
	at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1124)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixNativeDispatcher$1.run(UnixNativeDispatcher.java:573)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixNativeDispatcher$1.run(UnixNativeDispatcher.java:571)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixNativeDispatcher.<clinit>(UnixNativeDispatcher.java:571)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.<init>(UnixFileSystem.java:67)
	at sun.nio.fs.BsdFileSystem.<init>(BsdFileSystem.java:41)
	at sun.nio.fs.MacOSXFileSystem.<init>(MacOSXFileSystem.java:44)
	at sun.nio.fs.MacOSXFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(MacOSXFileSystemProvider.java:45)
	at sun.nio.fs.MacOSXFileSystemProvider.newFileSystem(MacOSXFileSystemProvider.java:38)
	at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.<init>(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:56)
	at sun.nio.fs.BsdFileSystemProvider.<init>(BsdFileSystemProvider.java:36)
	at sun.nio.fs.MacOSXFileSystemProvider.<init>(MacOSXFileSystemProvider.java:40)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
	at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.createProvider(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:48)
	at sun.nio.fs.DefaultFileSystemProvider.create(DefaultFileSystemProvider.java:65)
	at java.io.FilePermission.<clinit>(FilePermission.java:191)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getPermission(FileURLConnection.java:225)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.getPermissions(URLClassLoader.java:666)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.getPermissions(Launcher.java:360)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(SecureClassLoader.java:206)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:468)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:74)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:369)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:363)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:362)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:419)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:352)
	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:495)

see the notes on the installation documentation for macOS installation.

You have to do some things manually. Also don’t have any preinstalled Java versions in the path, they cause an issue.

Ron