Tizen Studio problem on MacOS Big Sur

Hello, and thank you for your help.
I’ve just updated to macOS Big Sur (yes, I know it was bad decision).
Trying to launch Tizen Studio 3.7 and 4.0.
UI is empty, and nothing working, at all.
What can be a problem?

There is Tizen Studio fix coming out soon for macOS Big Sur and Tizen Studio, until it is released there is not much you can do.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hello Ron,

Is there any update about new release?

The last I heard was it was in testing. I don’t have a Mac so I can’t be sure but I did not see any notice of an update on Tizen.org nor was there any updates for Windows.

I’d watch for it next week, I’m optimistic.

Ron

Hello Ron,
Any public beta version available? do we have the date of release considering we have reached the end of the month?

I asked to see if there is any updated information. It will take a day to get an answer due to time zone differences.

Ron

Hey Ron
Any update on this?

Tizen Studio Development team said.

They will release an update version within this year when all the tests are completed with no issues.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Do you know by chance how is the testing going and if the new version is going to be released within next few days?

Malgo

1 Like

I do not have access to that information I can only check the bug report status and is still marked as in progress.

Ron

Try the setup again. It will improve.

The new version of Tizen Studio for Big Sur was released Monday.

Ron

Thank you for the information!

Hey Ron,

I’ve downloaded Tizen Studio 4.1 with IDE installer but Apple rejected to install for malicious software. Could you check this software installation problem please?

1 Like

You may have to approve it manually. See this page for information on that.

Ron

Hi Ron,

It’s already selected as Apple Store and identified developers

I couldn’t find any other information on why it wouldn’t be allowed and see no reports from anyone else. Still please feel free to create a support request as the tech support team may have an answer.

Ron

Any updates? I am also having this issue.

See This page from Apple that tells how to override the restriction.

That is all I know.

Ron

Hello

I do Have this issue

the tizen SDK 4.1 installer does not work at all on Mac OS X Big Sur (11, 2 RC).
I have the grant issue as described but the installer does nothing (I do not have even an empty window)

I tried to install using visual studio on mac using the tizen plugin
I succeeded to have the GUI to start sdk download and licensing grant .
It downloads the SDK, but at the end it told that the installer could not be started and fails
I was having the Oracle JDK 15 , so I also tried after installing again the JDK 8 as it was the one requested

but nothing worked

Paul Plaquette