Trouble creating a certificate to use in tizen studio in windows

I am having trouble creating a certificate to use in tizen studio.
Once I enter the username and password of the samsung account I have no response from the page. this happens in windows. can you please help me!

Yes last week they removed support for Internet Explorer without realizing that Tizen Studio and other tools use that internally to link to the Seller Store.

They have found the problem and are working on a fix and then will test it. This will take a few days but it should be deployed next week.

Thanks for understanding this inconvenience as it is tested for security issue.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

When it will be resolved? I’m having same issue . I can’t test my app in samsung tv emulator. I’m using samsung tv simulator for testing

They have found the problem and are doing a fix. Once they have thoroughly tested the fix it will be deployed. This may take a week before it is deployed.

Thank you for your patience regarding this inconvenience.

Ron

FWIW the Sticker tool is IE based and isn’t working either.

Let me know after the patch is deployed if the Sticker tool still doesn’t work.

Ron

1 Like

Hi Ron! Do you have the day that this will be deploy? TIA!
Paula.

I don’t think they will have a date until they are sure it is corrected properly and it is fully tested for security as well. The target was early next week but it can be sooner or later.

Ron

I faced same issued.

Is there a way on out end just to make it internally use chrome or something?

Any update yet? Still waiting for continue work on tizen studio

No update yet. You will probably know before I do, due to time zone differences it will probably happen while I’m asleep. I just have a ball park target “early this week” and that is if all went as expected.

Ron

Finally, I got an update of tizen studio (package manager). After update, i have to try couple time before the certificate manager work: when relaunch tizen cerfiticate manager first time, it not show login dialog; after some close open and close open certificate manager, it can create samsung cerfiticate now.

where is this update?

I opened package manager and there was an update available. Unfortunately Device Manager still doesn’t work with Windows 11 so I can’t see if the certificate manger is working.

I’m trying a full reinstallation and if that fails I’ll do the 32 bit dlls hack.

Let us know if the update fixes things for you.

Ron

I have version 2.0.1 where can i find package manger and such i have windows 10

thanks,

if you have a computer that is updated to Windows 11 the 32 bit DLLs are there and it works. If you have a new computer the 32 bit DLLS are not there.

The update is for Tizen 5.1. If you are doing Smart TV the way the TV extensions are added changed.

Ron

I am trying to get watch face pushed to my galaxy watch 3 and using galaxy watch studios 2.0 has the distribution thing been solved yet?

Not as of Sep 12, 2023

Someone has said that they were able to use an updated Tizen Studio Certificate manager. If that is true and I can duplicate it, I believe the same certificates can be used for GWS.

I have no reason to suspect that GWS will have any updates.

Ron

For more information, I’m using tizen studio 5.1 on windows 11 for TV web app development.