Can't create a new certificate for tv smart

Hello Samsung devs,

I’m using ubuntu 22.04 lts with tizen os, but I can’t create a new certificate for tv smart.
Appreciate your help to solve this.

imagen
imagen

What browser is your default browser? I think the Seller Portal works best with Chrome browser (and Chrome variants). I’m pretty sure it won’t work with Mozilla. But it may be a Linux Issue I know I can’t run all of the Tizen 4.6 managers on Windows 11.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron, thanks for answer. I have Chromium but still same result, is there a way to execute certificate manager from terminal or see logs to know what’s going on?

I think you need to open a support request both in Developer Support and in the Smart TV Seller Office FAQ and Q/A

If you don’t get a quick and suitable reply then I’d suggest you ask in the Seller Portal but I’d try the Smart TV Seller Office first .

Ron

Hi Miko,

Were you able to connect and generate your certificates?

Ron

Hi Ron,

Not yet, this recently created https://developer.samsung.com/dashboard/support/43203 and I’m waiting for an answer.

Appreciate your message,

Hi Miko,

try asking in the Seller Office 1:1 support too. But I think it is the same for all Tizen apps

Ron

Hi Ron,

Tizen 5.0 already solve this on ubuntu 22.04. thanks for your help.

Hi Miko

I just tried to get started with Tizen for smart TV today. I think I have version 5.1. I can’t login to my developer account when trying to create a certificate. I just get a blank screen, where the browser was suppossed to go.

This is on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

It seems the Java runtime/certificate manager wants to start libwebkit1.0 – which is like 10 years old…

Have tried fooling with the install for a couple of hours now – is getting somewhat tired of it :smiley:

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

This happened last week when the Seller Portal stopped support for IE.

Apparently the technology that Tizen Studio uses is based in IE. They are working on a patch now and testing it for security and plan to have it deployed early next week. Of course that all depends on the testing going well and no other issues are found.

I know this is an inconvenience and we appreciate your patience as this is resolved.

Ron

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, @r.liechty_SDR . I have no idea how IE technology is related to Linux and libwebkit, but I take your word for it.

Meanwhile: I downloaded the tizen studio 5.1 to my wifes Mac pro laptop, in order to try and get certificates (I was hoping to do a demo tomorrow at work – have been trying for 12 months to get approval to try out tizen smart tv)

On the mac, I am able to conclude the login process. I am then presented with a tiled image capcha of 9 images, where I have to click buses, etc. This concludes, and I presented with the text “Success!” after the capcha. Then, the browser/dialog windows dissappears, and I am presented with a dialog box with

Title: “Generation Failed”
Text: “Server response code : 401”

During the process I changed my password to the samsung account, in order to make it easier to type, and I cleared all logins on all devices, and restarted the tizen studie / certificate manager, etc.

I must say, it is really frustrating to be this close, and unable to get the certificates to allow me to run a demo. :sob:

I you have any advice, it is much welcome. I have about an hour left before bed, and am hoping to do the presentation on a TV in about 15 hours.

Thanks in advance

I am not too sure about that one but I think you could run the demo by remote connecting to the TV from the dev machine and executing your app directly. At least thats what I am doing with my web app through the cli (since tizen studio is bugged and really slow). Maybe this helps :confused:

Thanks!

I am brand new to this (literally: Yesterday was my first day with any of this), and wouldn’t know how to get about doing that. Are you talking about: Command Line Interface | Samsung Developers – because the package commands would appear to need a certificate, and … I don’t have a certificate! :frowning:

I don’t know either it may just be Windows and it started the day they stopped supporting IE. It may be they took the system down to fix the issue.

Hopefully early next week it will be ready

Ron

I’ve heard reports that there is an update to Tizen Studio (Run from Package Manager) that fixes the certificate generation issue but have not been able to validate this myself.

Edit- It does fix it

Ron