Unable to generate distribution certificate

I had to pair my Samsung Gear S3 (8C9B) smartwatch with a new phone (Samsung S23).
During the pairing process, the Gear S3 was resetted to factory settings.
When restoring from backup, all watchfaces created by me with GWD 1.6.0 were not restored.
Having kept the source project (gwd file) of each one, I tried to rebuild (F10) and then execute “Run on Device” (F9), but received the following error message:

Evidently the distribution certificate stored in the keystore is not good, so I tried to regenerate it, but when I have to enter the login credentials for the Samsung account, the login form is not displayed and therefore I cannot proceed.

I read that GWD’s internal browser no longer supports Internet Explorer and that a different default browser should be set.

I have rotated all the browsers installed on my Windows 10 PC (Firefox, Chrome, Edge) but the login form is never displayed.

I have many watchfaces made by me that cost me a lot of work and I wouldn’t want to lose them just because I had to change my phone.

Thanks in advance for your help.

There is a solution but it isn’t easy.
See this Topic.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Even I’m having the same problem. I tried this method but it’s not working. Is there any other way. Please help.

This method didn’t work for me either.
There must be a way to transfer the watch faces for which you own the source project.
Help please.

@sarath @ssl1583597542

I need more information other that saying the method did not work for you What part did not work at what step?
Do you have Windows 10, Windows 10 updated to 11 or Windows 11

Ron

The login(login form for samsung account)screen for the distribute cirtificate is not showing up
It’s just showing a blank white screen.
I’m using windows 11.

You can no longer generate a Distributor Certificate using Galaxy Watch Studio. The library it used to open the Seller Portal is not supported.

There is a solution but it isn’t easy.
See this Topic.

The Tizen Studio fix allows you to generate certificates and the Fit installer allows you to run them on device.

Ron
Samsung

Hi Ron,
it’s not working because Fit2Installer is no more available.
can you confirm?

I just downloaded it from the bottom of the page you quoted. If it isn’t available you should be able to install using Tizen Studio VS extensions or SDB command line commands.

Ron

Ok. Will try.But how its possible that great Samsung prefer to keep his customers spending all day long, trying to do some complicated things installing 3 different apps. Instead fix application which normaly offer it by one click.
You know that is an issue and not fix it?
Cheers,
Piotr

pon., 29 sty 2024, 19:29 użytkownik r.liechty_SDR via Samsung Developer Forums <notifications@samsung.discoursemail.com> napisał:

I think they announced some years ago, that they wont develop anymore for Tizen related wearable stuff.

Galaxy Watch Designer / Galaxy Watch Studio have always been BETA products

I’ve asked that the GWS items be taken down or a notice posted saying the tools are not supported and may not work.

Ron

I agree, I lost all the watchfaces I created just from having to pair my Gear S3 with a new smartphone (Samsung).
As I explained when I created this topic, the pairing process required a reset of the Gear S3 device to continue.
Despite restoring the backup, only the default whatchfaces were restored, not even those purchased from the store. I wonder, what’s the point of backing up?
I have all my projects, but I cannot restore them because the old distribution certificate is no longer usable due to the reset on the Gear S3 device.
Is there a way to import *.gwd projects into new suites?

Thanks

Hi Ron,
I see, in that case which is the right application to create Galaxy Watch face?
thank you.
Piotr

For Galaxy Watch 4, 5 and 6 you use Watch Face Studio It is very similar to GWS but also very different implementation so read the tutorial.

Ron

I tried this, but not possible to connect with watch 4. Last year I designed face and upload to my watch 4. Now when connected with s23 ultra. I lost it!
Now I know why. All is designed to work half way. Thank you Ron.

What version of Watch Face Studio are you using, If it is an older version it is more difficult to connect to the newer Wear 3.5 Watch Face operating system than it was last year and Wear 3 because it requires you to pair with the computer for security reasons.

See this thread

It is more difficult for sure.

Ron