Unable to get watchface on watch

I looked at other posts and I am thoroughly confused. I am not a developer (but I’m trying) so I apologize in advance. I created my watch face and want to send it to my watch (active 2). I linked bluetooth between watch and Windows PC. Tried everything I can think of to get it to the watch. I tried copying the apk file to my phone and it said it “installed” it to my phone but I still can’t figure how to get watch face to appear either in the phone or on the watch. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Active 2 is a Tizen OS device and uses TPK files not APK and you need GWS for that. Having said that
Do you use GWS 2.0.1 the latest version unless you are using a Mac computer it has bugs that will drive you nuts. If you need to use it let me know so you can work around it.

The GWS 2.0.0 is very stable use it.
Download GWS from here click expand the “See Previous Versions” to get the GWS 2.0.0 version

You can’t connect Galaxy Watch3 or Galaxy Active2 by Bluetooth for debugging you need to connect your computer and watch to the same WiFi network.

If you have any problems please feel free to write, I’ve seen them all.

Read GWS Tutorial
and then Test in the Device Section

See FAQ 23

You may find GWS is a bit more useful, you can include Samsung Health functions

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations