Unable to install Samsung Certificate Extension

Sigh, I thought they had it fixed.

Thanks for your patience as we work with the Tizen Support team.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I’m able to install it now! Thank you for the support.

How did you do it ? A site where i online purchased mine told me this could be because of regional problem. Whats the solution ?

I am unable to install the Samsung Certificate Extension today. i think the zip file is corrupt ?

I had the same problem (after fixing a gazillion other ones). This has to be the worst IDE experience ever (and I started out on CP/M)…
Anyways, I was able to fix it manually on my windows machine. (Could not test other OSs.)

1. Download the certificate extension zip file by hand. The link given in Rons answer is the one that works for me at the time of writing.
  2. Unpack the ZIP archive, enter the folder tizen-certificate-extension_2.0.42\binary
  3. There are three further ZIP archives in this folder (for Linux, MacOS, Windows).
  4. Unpack the ZIP archive relevant for your OS.
  5. There’s a data folder in that ZIP archive containing three subfolders (ide, platforms, tools). Copy the content of this folder into your tizen/studio folder - there should already be folders ide, platforms and tools there, the new files should integrate into the existing structure.
  6. start TizenStudio
  7. connect to your watch
  8. start Certificate Manager, generate a new Certificate Profile
  9. The DUID of your watch should be included automatically in the first slot.

Well that was a lot of fun. Did I already stated, that the TizenStudio is the worst IDE with the worst, most outdated documentation, that I ever used? But it’s on par with most other pieces of software that I’ve seen from Samsung.

Also i have the same problem

We really need to know more information but basically there are two issues.

One is opening device manager because the Java settings need to be adjusted.

To launch Device Manager you need JAVA_HOME set to
C:\Program Files\Java\JREx.xx.xx
To Launch the Emulator Manager you need the path to include
C:\Program Files\Java\JREx.xx.xx\bin

The other is the corrupted file but I think that was fixed recently but in case that is still an issue the correct link is

I was unable to install in first two attempt but when I tried after two days it got success…

HI,

I am having exactly the same problem described earlier -

Samsung Certificate Extension cannot be activated - same error:

Current repository URL in my Package Manager:

Please advise how to solve this matter as I cannot select Samsung Certificate for creation.

Thanks!

P.S.

I have tried to add repository with this link provided earlier - http://developer.samsung.com/sdk-manager/repository/tizen-certificate-extension_2.0.42.zip

This is the error appearing every time I try to do the same:

1 Like

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

what version of Tizen studio are you using. There was an error earlier this year in the on the location of the certificate but I think that was fixed.

Open Package manager
Go to the Extension SDK Tab
Make sure the Samsung Extension Certificate is installed
Click on the Gear icon upper right side (Configuration)
expand the Extension SDK
Make sure the Samsung Certificate Extension is on
click on the Updates
Accept the Samsung Certificate Software license
It should update

Ron

I am using the latest version - 3.7

There is no Samsung Extension Certificate in Extension SDK Tab:

when I go into configurations - Samsung Certificate Extension does not work either - I sent the pic earlier with an error.

the link you said should working - also does not work as “add repository”.

Please advise how to fix it?

Install the TV Extension I think you need that or Wearable SDK for it to install. It looks like that was still running the TV Extension. You need to agree to something for it to install. That is the ribbon click on if it hangs and stops showing progress. Once you have the TV Extension see if the certificate extension is included.

The link I posted in February was for the bad link problem and an older tizen version. You have to install the TV Extension you used to install a TV SDK.

Ron