Unable to sideload to Gear S2 Classic (SMR722)

I can load watch faces to my Galaxy Watch 3, but can no longer load faces to my Gear S2 Classic watch. I’ve ensured the debugging and developer mode are properly set, but the GWD application does not recognize the Gear S2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newer versions of GWD/GWS only support Tizen 3 and Tizen 4 watches (Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Galaxy Watch Active2, Watch 3) and not Tizen 2 (Sear S2, S2 Pro and the Square one) it has been so long I forgot what the square one is called)

You need to revert to GWD 1.7.1 It is the last version that supports the older Tizen. You can download it from the Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen Overview page Just below the download expand the See previous versions to get it.

You however will need to either uninstall your current version or install the older version on a different computer. Also the newer project versions are not backwards compatible so you can’t open the newer one with GWD 1.7.1 If you don’t have the older project you will have to start from scratch again.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thank you for the guidance. Much appreciated!