Unable to start Device Manager on mac OS Sonoma 14.0

Good morning everyone, after installing mac OS Sonoma version 14.0 I can no longer open Device Manager through TizenStudio.
When I try to open it, it automatically closes again.
I also add that when i start TizenStudio the logo is shown in reverse

5 Likes

@simone.pasetto
I have the same issue with Device Manager on Windows 11 it shows an error with a missing msvc…DLL
If any what does your show?

I assume this is something similar an old .dll that was used but replaced with a newer version in the Sonoma update.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron, thanks for your reply, unfortunately it doesn’t show any error, device-manager is directly closed

1 Like

Can you open a developer support request on this. They can then contact the Tizen team to have this fixed. I reported it for Windows.

Ron

The same story, after macOS update to 14.0 got the same issue.

2 Likes

Do you get any error message?

open a developer support request

They can contact the Tizen Studio team and perhaps it needs an update for the certificate manager too.

Ron

No, after I select “Tools > Device Manager” - the Device Manager icon changes in 1-2 seconds to the folder’s icon and after a couple of seconds just closes.

3 Likes

Same thing happens on Windows 11 it has to do with VC++ but I don’t know if you have that on Mac.

Ron

Same here:

• No error code displays
  • Device manager icon appears in dock for 1-2 seconds then disappears
1 Like

A couple of days ago I created a developer support request, the Samsung just ignoring it… no any actions there… request #48697

@growsky @henadzi.burkhanau @simone.pasetto

You can do what I did for Windows 11 I used Galaxy Watch Studio to connect my device then created my distributor Certificate. I don’t know how that works for Run On Device it used to work years ago.

I’ll check on your bug report next week and see if there is internal action going on.

Ron

@growsky @henadzi.burkhanau @simone.pasetto

In a different thread a Mac User said they uninstalled Tizen Studio restarted the computer and reinstalled Tizen Studio and it worked to create certificates.

Ron

I confirm the same issue on Sonoma 14.0. Tried everything.

I can create certificates and build signed packages just fine, but without working Device Manager, it’s not possible to install the certificate on a test TV and run the app.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

Hello, seems like I have related problem. When I try to start Emulator Manager on macOS Sonoma app Icon turns into finder folder and dissapears after 2 sec. I tried to run in terminal and got the following error:

java[14481:667437] WARNING: Secure coding is not enabled for restorable state! Enable secure coding by implementing NSApplicationDelegate.applicationSupportsSecureRestorableState: and returning YES.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.t2k.MacFontFinder
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:387)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
	at org.tizen.emulator.manager.ui.Main.main(Main.java:193)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:873)
Oct 10, 2023 11:00:33 AM org.tizen.library.sdkutils.util.RemoteLogger sendLogs
INFO: {"statusCode": 200, "body": "\"200 OK\""}
2023-10-10 11:00:33.626 java[14481:667437] *** Assertion failure in -[NSMenu itemAtIndex:], NSMenu.m:1435
Exception in Application start method
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at sun.awt.AppContext$2.run(AppContext.java:277)
	at sun.awt.AppContext$2.run(AppContext.java:266)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at sun.awt.AppContext.initMainAppContext(AppContext.java:266)
	at sun.awt.AppContext.access$400(AppContext.java:135)
	at sun.awt.AppContext$3.run(AppContext.java:321)
	at sun.awt.AppContext$3.run(AppContext.java:304)
	at sun.awt.AppContext.getAppContext(AppContext.java:303)
	at javax.imageio.spi.IIORegistry.getDefaultInstance(IIORegistry.java:154)
	at javax.imageio.ImageIO.<clinit>(ImageIO.java:66)
	at org.tizen.emulator.manager.ui.utils.MacUtil.setDockIcon(MacUtil.java:60)
	at org.tizen.emulator.manager.ui.Main.start(Main.java:259)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
	at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
	at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Non-Java exception raised, not handled! (Original problem: Invalid parameter not satisfying: index < [_itemArray count])

@needz @artur1

Did you try uninstalling completely, restarting your computer and then reinstalling Tizen Studio?

Someone said that was a solution. Can you respond if that doesn’t work? I will open a support request for this if it did not work for you.

Ron

@r.liechty_SDR, thanks for your consideration!

I tried your suggested method, but it still doesn’t work and I have the same message as @artur1. Please forward this issue to Samsung, because it’s not possible to develop and test the app on TV at the moment.

Thanks for verifying that this is not a viable solution. I will open a bug report on this with Developer Support and suggest you do the same to add emphasis for priority.

Ron

I reported it but this is the response I got.

Is there any other options to connect other than using the device Manager?

I reported this too and told the support team that the answer is unacceptable. They need to provide a Hot Fix. I will escalate this to senior management if necessary.

Ron

We are being told that the current Tizen Studio version does not support Sonoma (and have not plans for a fix anytime soon) I am trying to escalate this issue so please report this issue too to help bring pressure on the Tizen Studio team to update their software sooner.

Ron