I’m running Samsung Internet 126.96.36.199 inside a PWA app. I’m using an
sms: URL that does not include a mobile number (only a body) and an
mailto: URL that doesn’t have a recipient email (only subject and body) .
Ok … I’ve just confirmed that this bug only appears when the app is installed as a PWA.
Works for Chrome PWA but not inside an installed Samsung Internet PWA.
NOTE: The “share” button referenced below is the “bent arrow” icon in the toolbar.
Tap it and you’ll see the following options:
- EMail (mailto:) ,
- SMS (sms:),
- QR Code (page)
- More (Web Share API).
The Email and SMS buttons dynamically inject
<a> tags into the HTML and click them.
Steps to reproduce:
- Visit … https://gods.gift
- Tap on the “share” button and test share button links and they work
- Install the PWA app via the RHS button in address bar (a “download” icon next to “gods.gift” URL address)
- Close Samsung Internet
- Open the installed PWA app from Android desktop (red gift box icon)
- Tap the “share” button and now retest each share button I’m seeing that the
sms: URIs are displayed in the Address Bar but the matching SMS / EMail application is not executed.