Using an official Samsung image as a store asset

Hello, can i use the below official image from a Samsung promo as an asset image on my store with a few modifications.

I would not want to get in trouble for IP infringement, so i think it should be proper to ask first.

Original image

NO, you cannot use the Samsung Images. The images from the newsroom can only be used for press publications.

There are Play Store asset creator for Galaxy Watch4 you can use them.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know.

I will remove the altered image also from the post.

I have seen a few devs using the above image on Reddit and Facebook to promote their watch faces where they have replaced the original watch face with theirs. Is this allowed or it only applies to store asset images.

If you do not have commercial rights to use this image, it is not allowed. It doesn’t matter that it’s “free” advertising for Samsung to sell its devices. It’s not your photo (maybe taken by a paid agency), so you don’t have the right to use it.

A lot of people don’t know that. A lot of people don’t care. But “if” you get caught, yes … then have fun with the consequences. On the other hand, when you see sellers using big brand names on their dials and selling them on the Play Store without any apparent consequences, it’s only logical that many think it’s okay.

2 Likes

Samsung News Terms and Conditions is very clear on this.

All content provided on the Website (including, but not limited to, data, information, documents, texts, design, trademarks, logos, graphics, images, icons, sound, video, code and software) (the “Materials”) is the exclusive property of Samsung, its licensors or its content providers, and is protected by copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. You may access, copy, download and print the Materials contained on the Website solely for your personal, informational and non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice appearing on the Materials you access, copy, download or print.