Watch 3 wrong time

Hi
Here in Egypt use daylight saving time one month ago, i have samsung S21 ultra phone and its automatically adjusted by the network itself by adding one hour pluse cause now Egypt +3 GMT.

Me, my wife and son have galaxy watch 3 and since the daylight saving starts time is wrong and i uppdates applications, watch software, …everything, and then rest watch many time and nothing happened.

How i can fix that

Do you have an LTE watch or a BT version?
If the watches are connected by BT to the mobile then they should sync to the phone unless you are using some 3rd party designed watch face. If this is a 3rd party watch face, try one of the preinstalled watch faces and see if that works correctly.

If it is LTE then go into settings and General there is a Time setting there that may help (I don’t have a standalone watch so I can’t check). My thought is you might have a VPN network that is from a non Egyptian Time zone

I would recommend you use the Samsung Members App for feedback
or
go to https://www.samsung.com and depending on your location
either → Click on Explore Tab → Click on Community
or
Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and under support is a link to the community

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community

I have BT version with standard watch face and it’s linked and sync but after changing time in Egypt to daylight saving time for frist time the time in watch is wrong!!!
I did everything you can imagine by still wrong!!!

@Dr.Dahab

I don’t understand it but I believe you I would see if you can get some help from the community or your Samsung Members App.

Best of luck, I’ll leave your topic stay for a week or two, just in case someone else sees the question and has an answer.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community Moderator

Hello there, same exact issue here with Galaxy 3 watch with Egypt day light saving not appear correctly on my watch, I tried resetting it, software update, reinstalling backup or without, removing all 3rd party faces but still the same issue.

When watch is connected to phone, it always disables the manual time adjustment for the watch and this is when the time is set back to original time GMT+2 and the option for manual adjustment is disabled (auto sync is active and cannot disable it), the only way to get the watch display the right time is disconnecting it from bluetooth and adjust the time zone manually (so basically loose all connectivity with the watch except if both my phone and watch are connected to wifi)

I tried everything I know for that … PLEASE HELP

There are several reports of this on Reddit with different solutions I don’t know if one of them will help you but they are things to try.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello Ron … was able to solve it today, the only thing worked with me is doing the following:

• go to date and time settings on my mobile phone
  • select time zone
  • select a UTC offset time zone

And the time was adjusted over the watch automatically.

Hope this help someone

Regards
Mohamed

Hello Dr.Dahab please check my reply below it might help

That was one of the things suggested in Reddit.

This seems to have affected newer watches as well as the older ones. I think the issue is that GMT is also on Daylight Savings time and someone entered a wrong formula.

Ron

Mohamed, I have same issue with same watch and I’m from Egypt. I already tried this solution several times before I see your post and it’s a temporary fix! When ever the watch is connected to the mobile phone via BT and sync, it is back to the wrong time!

Any permanent solution? It’s very annoying and really a drop down from Samsung!

I don’t think this has anything to do with Samsung but with the standardize library. did you read the Reddit article?

The good news is in 2 weeks DST ends the bad news is that it is coming back in 2024 :frowning:

Ron