Watch Face Studio 1.5.7 (BETA)

I’m so tired of explaining this to them over and over, they seem they don’t want to understand what we want to achieve. This is their response:

Hello Tomas,

Our respective team shared their response for the feature requests, please check below:

1. About RANGED_VALUE, because progress bar is mandatory and others is optional, we considered that the shape of progress bar to shape of complication slot.
  2. We thought that linear progress bar can be matched to Line shape and circular progress bar can be matched to Circle shape. If user Want to add Ranged value complication in Rectangular shape, user can use Large Box complication and resize the size of bounds. To add Ranged value complication with Rectangular shape is possible with Large box complication.

I asked them, if it’s really that necessary to limit designing choices for more experienced devs, to add some experimental access toggle into WFS settings so more experienced devs can utilize everything which is already present in the WFS.

Maybe @catherina00 or @sinjae can help with it :slight_smile:

What happen about putting back large_image complications?

What should I do? If I change the font color and then while viewing the font on the watch, the font does not display properly
WFS:
WFS

Watch:
Watch

If that’s their response, then my request is that they add the SHORT_TEXT type to the Large Box as well.

They need to understand that the SHORT_TEXT type and LARGE_TEXT type are not the same types.

At this particular moment, the Circle Shape and Large Box shape are not equivalents.

@amoledwatchfaces

I added comments to your support request that added some importance to this request as it was a concern to several others not just you.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

I think the reasoning for that is there are no system providers with it and very few large image complications available. But it hasn’t been ruled out just not implemented at this time.

Ron

1 Like

I think the reasoning for that is there are few if any large image complications available.

Ron

I don’t know why it was added then. I’ve created some watch faces with LARGE_IMAGE complication and I’m currently unable to update them with newer WFS version. Only way is to switch them to SMALL_IMAGE which does not make sense for 450x450 image.

Also, there are like 4+ 3rd party watch apps which do provide LARGE_IMAGE complications. In fact, something like Photo Image Complication should be core part of the Samsung Gallery app… and every other Gallery app. I think Pixel Watch has LARGE_IMAGE complication too and they are using it for Now Playing album cover.

So, after constant explaining and insufficient justification, I came up with one idea.
Photo Complication was there and it was removed, all complication types can be freely added to all complication slots. If there is really need to make WFS mainly for ‘firstcomers’ or ‘everyone’, can we add some toggle to the WFS settings where designer can enable ‘experimental’ / ‘additional’ features? Just one toggle, and more experienced designers could unleash full power of WFS and Watch Face Format.

Tomas

@amoledwatchfaces provides large_image complication. This is for customised background… if dont support developers can only provide fixed selection of background rather allowing users to pick from gallery. Like photo+ watch face

Seems this beta version is unable to compile the Always-On watch face.
When pushed to a device, the always-on face is always just blank

What watch u using? I use beta. No issues with my gw 5 pro

Its Good to give information like

Watch model
Os version e.g wear 3.5 or 4
And also version number of the update

To much work for the creators of watch face studio maybe?

Did you manually hide all the elements?

By Default WFS will add the same components to the AOD as it does to the active watch face. Did you expect WFS to generate a simple AOD if you hid all the elements?

I think the documentation could read a bit better.

Read it as WFS generates a Normal and an Always-on workspace. Not that it generates a default AOD clock.

Ron

Huh? I was replying to @amoledwatchfaces about added for experience users. Not aod. You miss understood my reply

I was replying to @glemsom I probably hit the topic reply instead of his individual reply.

Ron

Hello. I have the following problem. I inserted several objects in a watchface … minutes, seconds, Batt, HR, Steps, Moonphase. I replaced the digits with Bitmaps Fonts. However, they are not displayed in most Arab languages. Other languages are displayed. The problem was solved by the language setting at minutes and seconds, but the others did not because there are no language settings.
How can I solve the problem or is it a problem from the WFS? The watch faces were updated with WFS version 1.5.7.

most Arab languages screenshot WFS

bug

other languages screenshot WFS

SG_112_1695886870438

screenshot from buyer

Screenshot_?? ?????? _٠٧٣٤٥٣ _Galaxy Watch5 Manager

Are they using Galaxy Watch?

I think the Pixel watch has string and not numbers for the data, that might explain it.

All Numbers except Roman Numerals Arabic. :slight_smile:

I don’t know what the time was it looks like the Galaxy Wearable App image

Ron

The buyer uses a GW 5.