Watch Face Studio Feature Requests 3rd Quarter 2022

Not sure if someone has requested it already.

When duplicating an element auto select the new item.

1 Like

Can you expand on that more? Iā€™m not sure I understand.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I thought the option to use different colors for active mode and different colors for AOD mode. For each item, including complications

You can just have two versions and hide one in AOD mode and hide one in Normal Mode. Note you should not use customizable complications in AOD mode as the end user canā€™t tell which is being customized.

Ron

Yes, I know, but when I want to use complications, itā€™s a problem. Because only 8 complications are allowed and I cannot use separate complications for active mode and separately for AOD

Edit. Ok, but sometime is great use complications in AOD. For galaxy watch 4 itā€™s OK, because you can use app on phone for customized complications

Watchmaker has it super done, separate colors for active mode and for AOD

However if they are located at the same position or slightly different the end user wonā€™t know what complication they are changing.

I understand better now. I think this may not be an issue with the next version the release notes for WFS 1.2.5 had
Support ā€˜multiple instancesā€™ feature for new Wear OS version.

Ron

1 Like

As far as I understand Watchmaker basically just runs an emulator on the watch. I do understand what you would like now.

Ron

I mean color and color dim under watchface

Index designer

For numbers and characters:

• Type: 1-12, 1-24, 1-60, 1-28/30/31, 1-100, Mo-Su, Mon-Sun, Monday-Sunday, Jan-Dec, January-December, custom range (example 10-20 or 1 to 7ā€¦), custom list
  • Font and Text size
  • Radius
  • Angle start and end
  • Show every X characters (every 1,2,3,4ā€¦)

For symbols:

• Shape: dot, triangle, square, diamond, custom image
  • Radius
  • Angle start and end
  • Width and Height of the symbols
  • Count (how many times they repeat evenly over 360Ā°

Iā€™ll mention both, I think it defaults to 12 hr because that is how watches have always been :slight_smile:

Ron

Itā€™s just to carry on with the design how you left it. Steps, battery level, etc included. Quality of life improvements, nothing groundbreaking

Every time i will open the preview window and then click somewhere else it will go behind the WFS window, sometimes i might be able to make it stay on top (Not sure how though) but then it will be on top of every other window running at that time, so i will click ā€œOKā€ to close it in order to see the other window and when i run the preview window again i will go through all this again.

Put a button to it like stay on top or something cause now itā€™s only annoying and counter productive.

FYI i am running WFS on a laptop with windows 11.

SWEEP/SMOOTH movement (hand/imageā€¦) as a TAG, where we can make it faster or slower (formulas) but smooth :slight_smile:

1 Like

the Run Window (preview window) is a floating Window if you screen has enough space just move it out of the way. If not click on the minimize _ icon and when you want it back click on WFS icon in the toolbar.

Ron

Ok but how do i make it to stay on top of other windows? Every time i open it i have to click on the floating window multiple times rightā€™s and left clickā€™s while its going back and forth until at some point it will stay in front. Canā€™t it be done so it will always be in front and when i donā€™t need i will just click ok to close it.

I donā€™t know, I canā€™t get it to run in the background it is always on top of the other apps on my desktop unless I minimize it. Are you on Windows or Mac? I can ask a Mac user how it works for him if you are on Mac.

Ron

Windows 11, on a 17" inch laptop.

I move a lot, so a desktop with a bigger screen is not an option.

That is what my personal computer is and the Preview Window is always on top. Iā€™ll check with Support and see if they have ever heard of it not being on top unless minimized. I canā€™t find any Windows Setting for it.

Ron

Here is also a video with the issue.

The solution is probably something silly but i cannot find how to make it happen.

I also tried Ctrl + space but it does not work as wellā€¦