When will be the review process back to normal?

Hi,

we have now April and the period of time for the review process is still super annoying.
Last year 1 week. This year up to 2 month!

To be honest i don’t care about the reason i just want to know when things gets back normal.
Currently there so many things feels so strange currently with the platform.

Hope for a positive feedback.

Matze - styles4you

2 Likes

I don’t really see an issue, except it’s not what it used to be. I just make sure my pipeline of faces is current so I can release one or two a month. I think this may help with the release of all the faces from some Sellers that are almost exactly the same, so I’m hoping it helps with quality too, which was needed.

1 Like

For me usually was around 2 weeks of wait time now it’s past 3 weeks and gonna hit the one month mark in a few days. I can wait but if for some reason there is something wrong with the watch face and fails the review process and i have to resubmit it again and wait a whole month again then it will be bad.

1 Like

It interesting how the guys from the SDP (after 3+ days) will just say “that is with the seller portal” you should message them.

Then you message the “seller portal” and they will reply (after 5+ days) with a: “sorry it is taking long, we have a backlog, we will get there eventually, thanks for your understanding and being patient”.

Samsung wants to do what Apple does in regards to reviewing apps; the only issue is that they are clearly understaffed and hence the growing backlog and not being able to keep the review times low.

@tsa1579182323 - you better prepare yourself mate, it has happened to me; 3 weeks waiting for a review, did not pass, re-submitted and now waiting for another review since the 3rd of March.

Have you seen how many low quality and semi-duplicate watch faces are still being submitted and approved. I can look at the new releases and see how bad it is, so I’m not surprised reviews are taking so long. Until they stop Sellers from spamming the store this won’t end.

And they are still reviewing all content for IP violations, that is going to take forever. They should just suspend all active content if downloads for the past year have been really low, that would help!

2 Likes

It would go faster if they limited the spam trough number of submissions per account in time period (instead of suspending occasional contributors).

1 Like

“Redacted”: Have you seen how many low quality and semi-duplicate watch faces are still being submitted and approved. I can look at the new releases and see how bad it is, so I’m not surprised reviews are taking so long. Until they stop Sellers from spamming the store this won’t end.

With all due respect, I do like watch faces and the variety available, but as you said there are many that are semi-duplicates and it makes me believe that they should have a team to review the watch faces and other that takes care of apps.

“Peter”: It would go faster if they limited the spam trough number of submissions per account in time period (instead of suspending occasional contributors).

Not sure if I understood that, do you mean those that “update” their apps / watch face just to look like they made changes to it? In my case, I do not update the app I developed often as it is stable and does its job.

I have contacted the seller portal with a 1:1 and this was their response:

The department in charge is processing by incoming date, however, please understand that we are unable to provide you the detailed completed date of validation. We sincerely suggest you wait with more patience. Our review team will contact you as soon as there is any outcome. We would apologize again for the inconvenience caused by using our service.

My question:

1. What is the current ETA on watch app reviews?
  2. I have submitted an update on the 3rd of March, still “under review”, what is happening?

PS: it all has been shortened for brevity.

A lot of Sellers have been wanting, for years, for Samsung to limit the number of new faces added to the store by each Seller. It is better now than it used to be but some Sellers still load 5-10 faces each week, and they fill the New category with junk.

1 Like

Well it failed to pass the review, because i did not put as the keyword the name of the location displayed on the watch face. It never crossed my mind this is required. Now i have put everything just in case, even the C, F and K units.
I will just have to wait another month i guess.

I mean we asked for regulation in numbers of submitted watch faces, so people think twice and put some effort to the craft, instead of flooding the store with plenty new simple clones with just different background pic from internet. Yet seems the store focused more on removing people who failed to reply or submit in time, to reduce number of sellers instead.

Here’s the perfect example; this seller has been doing this for a long as I remember. These examples are just from the past month or so, and I only pulled ONE template face. They use all of these “images” on other templates, so there are hundreds of faces that all look the same. And Samsung testers are wasting their time (in my opinion) validating and testing 20+ faces each month from one seller that are exactly the same in terms of functionality. Why are your faces taking so long to test, hmmm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why we don’t get an official statement about the situation and maybe a look into the future? I can’t believe that they are happy with the situation. :roll_eyes:

PS: Maybe they are busy with the wear os implementation for all off us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I submitted an update on 23 of April April 15th**. I added ONE screenshot to the Galaxy Store page. ONE SCREENSHOT.
Today (May 3th) it says “Test Confirmation Delayed”.

This is the same for 2 other watch faces. This is absurd

With the Galaxy 4 rolling out and Samsung’s move to Google’s Wear OS 3 I reckon that what is happening is “reasonable” as their shift their focus and efforts to the new platform.

On a side note I have submitted a new app ( not yet another watch face ) to the Galaxy Store, and I reckon that it will take at least 2 months (8 weeks) for it to get even looked at, cannot do much about it but wait…

1 Like

2 months! Come on.
For me its now one month for my latest watch face. Still waiting :roll_eyes:

I just had a face rejected because they tested it on a Gear S2 (!!!) and the AOD is not the same as the high color image I used in my ad on the store! Extending the approval time…Grrr :slight_smile:

1 Like