App review time 3 months and counting

We submitted our TV app for review well over 3 months ago, and there has been very little progress (last status update is dated from 3 weeks ago, still says “Testing” or “Reviewing” depending on the model group).

When asked about this, 1:1 Q&A say they are experiencing delays due to covid-related contingencies. That’s understandable to a point, but 3 months seems extreme - and with no resolution in sight. Our last request to 1:1 Q&A has been pending for a week without a response.

For reference, Samsung claims that the certification process should take about 4 days (see Certification Process | Samsung Developers)

We are discouraged that after spending substantial resources putting together a quality app, we are unable to put it in the hands of end-users.

Is anyone else seeing such drastic delays?

2 Likes

We are experiencing a 2months “testing” as well. The 1:1 is not helpful at all.

1 Like

I’ll see if I can escalate this but the TV App Seller Office is not something I can deal with directly.

Thank you for your patience.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

I did contact someone within the TV Seller Office and they will investigate it. Hopefully they can reduce the times or send out a notification of any delays.

Ron

1 Like

Thank You! Hopefully we will hear from the TV App Seller Office soon.

I will post back here with progress updates

We did hear back from the TV Seller Office, and our app is now approved (at least for model groups 2019 and higher). Thank You!!

As a side note, hopefully this process improves. I think we can all agree that 115 days to get through review is wild, especially in the world of apps where things move fast and time-to-market is a huge factor

I believe this was taken to a high level and submissions should a much better response time from now on.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Ron