Where to find App ID for watch face buttons?

Hi all.

I want to add a button to my Watch Face in Galaxy Watch Studio which will open up the MapMyRun app. I need to know the App ID for MapMyRun. Is there a list somewhere that shows the App ID’s or is there another way to get the information?

Thank you!
Paul

1 Like

This is not a good idea you should use app chooser to select the app since you can’t be sure that Map My Run will always be available for all users.

But you can find the app ID

Open Galaxy Store App on your phone
upper right hand corner tap on 3 dots (note if you have updates you will see a number over the dots)
tap on My Page
tap on All
find the app you want to open and tap on it
tap on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner
select Share
send it to yourself in email
it will send the app ID

I think you can do this with any app in the store just share it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Hi,
I see your point.
Regardless, thank you so much for showing me how to get the app ID!

Thanks!
Paul

Hi Paul,

I should have mentioned that App chooser does have a drawback too. That is you have to educate the user how to use it.
For Map My Run you can add a note in your content description saying it is required and pug a deeplink to its page.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Ron

Ok, I know this is an OLD post but i will inject some newer info for anyone stuck on APP_ID for watchface studio buttons. VERY SIMPLE , what your looking for is not the appid but its the package name. the best way to find this is go to playstore and download the Package names app . open it and you will see the apps that are installed on your phone. for example samsung notes will have a package name of com.samsung.android.app.notes this is what you will place in the appid section of your button. hope this helps all who are stuck.

Hi Cryptr1

You posted in the Galaxy Watch for Tizen forum. Did you mean to post in the Watch Face Studio forum

You might want to post this in this topic it has various solutions but I think yours is the best.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi, I am new to Watch Face Studio. As in the first message I would like to create a custom button. followed the instructions shown above for calculator inserting in the WFS AP ID com.samsung.android.wear.calculator and it worked. I assumed the same for contacts that is I could substitute calculator and insert contacts, but that did not connect. Can someone please forward instructions on how to obtain AP ID in simple language. I am looking for the AP ID for contacts, gallery and other items. Thank you.

I have updated the Galaxy store app but when I open the app the 3 dots in the right hand corner are not there so I cant get the app ID’s for my watch face. Can you help please

Hello,
Welcome to this Forum. heck this thread: Where can I find App ID?

You asked this question on the Galaxy Watch for Tizen, if you have any queries for WFS please ask them here: Watch Face Studio - Samsung Developer Forums. The WFS forum thread is very active.