Help needed: Samsung TV app status "Waiting Launch" after 6 month

I submitted my Samsung TV app on September 27th, 2022, and it’s been stuck in “Waiting Launch” status ever since. It’s been over six months now, and I’m starting to feel frustrated. I’m not sure what’s causing the delay, but I’m hoping someone here can help shed some light on the situation.

Has anyone else experienced a similar delay with their app? If so, how long did it take for your app to be published? I’m just trying to get a sense of what a typical timeline looks like.

Also, if anyone has any tips or suggestions for getting my app published faster, I’m all ears. I’ve tried reaching out to Samsung’s support team, but I haven’t received any helpful information so far.

I put a lot of time and effort into developing this app, and I really want to get it out to users. If anyone has any advice or can offer any help, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I’ve seen long delays reported before. Try asking the Smart TV seller office one more time and if you don’t get a response in 5 working days let me know. I’ll contact you for more information and see what we can do at Developer Relations.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

We are seeing on average 3 month delays for our apps @fastplayer so you are not alone.

Are you “Waiting Launch” for all model years? Do you have any issues to address for the other devices?

Sometimes if you don’t address issues on all platform versions it may be held back.

I am dealing with the same problem here. I sent a question to QA in October last year and never received an answer. As a result, my app never got approved. That is very frustrating how Samsung deals with this. My app has been approved and updated on other platforms

@sherwino @Macedo2023 @fastplayer

I will contact you all on the first of the Week to get some more information from you. I’ll see what I can do to help.

Ron

1 Like

@fastplayer @sherwino @Macedo2023, Any news on the delay?

Thanks!

Not yet. I’m still waiting for Samngung’s response for approval or you even have a response in QA

They do not understand that there is an investment of time and money behind it, in addition to paralyzing projects.
Sad that no one cares.

I deeply apologize I dropped the ball on this. I submitted the information and got a response for several apps but I did not include your information. I thought I had you can blame me for no response.

They now have a team set up to handle these enquiries about delays

The best way for partners to get in touch is by creating Q&A tickets in the Seller Office portal. The triage team should evaluate and then they should be forwarded to the proper team for review.

@cevenega
If you are in the same boat please try the Seller Office Q&A first.

Ron

Hi Ron QA answer the question:
Please see the answer below

Dear Developer,

Hope everything is well!
Your app Meta Player (3202206027837) v0.3.34 has been launched and confirmed the app is in the store.
If you have additional questions or need further support please feel free to let us know by registering a 1:1 Q&A.
Best regards,
Samsung Team

And my problem is my When I check my account it still showing that 19TV_STANDARD and 19TV_PREMIUM is under SP reviewing. I need this to be approved so I can go ahead and start working on other things, such as updates, etc.
I reopen my question and i waiting for a answer. Thanks for your Help again

Danny Macedo
973 634 4285

I contacted the support team and that app needs to be resubmitted.

for others please use the Seller Office 1:1 Q&A they have a new team and are trying very hard to improve support and responses.

Ron

Thanks Ron
I resubmit the app and wait for approval

Usually when the app shows “waiting launch”, how long does it take to change to “launched” ? What is the timeline for that? Anyone who has experience in this?

If it is still waiting to launch status open a Seller Office support request. They may be waiting for something from someone else and need a nudge.

Ron

Hi Ron,

We submitted our Samsung TV app on November 27th, 2023, and it’s been stuck in “Waiting Launch” status ever since. It’s been over 40 days now, and I’m starting to feel frustrated. I’m not sure what’s causing the delay, but I’m hoping someone here can help shed some light on the situation.

Also, we sent 2-3 messages to the QA and CM of the USA in December last year and never received any answer from them. As a result, our app never got approved. That is very frustrating how Samsung deals with this.

Our app has been approved and updated on other platforms.

Please help to approve this application as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Waiting launch means it is in a batch to be launched as a group. Smart TV apps are not launched individually.

I’ll contact you via private message and get your content ID and app name.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I have shared the the App details in private. Please check.

Thanks & Regards

hello,
Dear Developer,
I have contacted with CM to approve your app to continue release process.

This is an extract from a return message from Samsung

what does CM mean? please.

thanks,

Sorry my fault for using an abbreviations. Content Manager ; when an app is uploaded to the store it is assigned to a Content Manager that oversees it from submission to release.

Ron

Hello,
thank you for your reply.

Do you have a deadline, and if this request is well taken care of?

My application has been stuck in this status for two weeks.
thanks in advance,

BR