App Wearable does not allow customization of the watch face

Hi All!

I would like to know if there is any news regarding the bug on the Wearable app which sometimes does not allow the customization of the watch face (it closes unexpectedly after the spinning circle).

I still get complaints from users on this side. This issue especially appears when a watch face has several customizations.

We also talked about it here:

https://forum.developer.samsung.com/t/new-watch-face-doesnt-show-on-phone-galaxy-wearable-app/

Thank you !

2 Likes

I still have this issue on watchfaces I made with more images as styles of the layer.

I have tried to reduce use of image layers to less that 5 in each style but this still makes me restricted and i cannot add customization options as much as i want to.

It stops and hinders and restricts creativity and too many users who want to customize from wearable app rather than watch only so i have to reduce customization options because of it

2 Likes

I have been complaining about this problem for a long time. On January 12, I had contacted the Samsung team and asked about the status of the problem.

Their answer was as follows:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We have tested your watch face on our device. But we can’t reproduce the issue. We attached some images after customizing from the wearable app. Please check.

Our tested environment:
Watch Software version: R890XXU1FVBI
Watch Wear core services: 1.0.0.418973743
Galaxy Wearable Version 2.2.54.22112861
Galaxy Watch4 Manager 2.2.11.22120851

We also communicate with the respective team regarding your issue. The issue was resolved for the latest Watch binary, as previously mentioned this was a Google Wearable Core Services issue. Please check if your watch has the latest binary or not. And as you mentioned your users complaining that can be possible that your users are not with the latest binary.

If your issue remains please share your watch binary version with us. If possible please share a video and your watch Dumpstate log.

Looking forward to your response.

(Unfortunately, I was not able to create the dumpstat log because it was not possible to create it on my smartphone.)

I have been monitoring the problem since then and have not received any negative feedback from customers.

On my wearable app I only noticed that I sometimes have to try 2 times until everything is loaded. Additionally, customizing is extremely slow.

1 Like

Yes, even on my side after 2 or 3 (or 4) attempts you can access the customization.

Sometimes it works without problems, other times not.

Unfortunately there is always some end user who does not understand certain things and deserves only a Casio from the 80s instead of a smart watch. There are those who write “it doesn’t happen on other watch faces” without understanding how things really are.

However, the user experience can be bad.

3 Likes

Yeah any 1-star rating due to problems we didn’t cause is so incredibly frustrating.

2 Likes

HI Matteo,

Yes I get it on your watch face as well as my test watch face frequently. It only happens in the Wearable App and not on the Watch itself.
Anyone know if this happen on watches other than Samsung?

Anyway they pushed a new Software update and maybe that fixes it (I said hopefully). If not report it to Developer Support as a watch issue and mention it is really a Wearable App issue. Any screen shots would be useful.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hello everyone, the problem is still relevant even after the last update, users constantly complain about this, I remember when I bought the new Galaxy Watch 4 it was at the start of sales of such a problem, everything was perfectly configured through the application on the smartphone.

Report it to technical support as an issue for the Wearable app. If you have any screen shots please attach them.

You can also report it via Members App if it happens to you.

Ron

I am currently receiving more feedback about users having again problem with customization with the Samsung wearable app.

For about 6 months, this problem was largely unremarkable. Suddenly, the negative comments are piling up. Are you guys experiencing the same problem?

Getting 1 star ratings because of this is so annoying! :man_facepalming:

My Daily Agenda:

Read negative feedbacks for:

• Installation issues
  • Customizations issues

Basically since I started releasing Watch Faces on Play Store from 2021.

1 Like

I see it every so often especially with the more complex watch faces. Not to single out @Matteo_Dini out but for some reason his Digital Watch Faces customization opens for Hands at some times and hangs the wearable. Restarting wearable and the hand setting is gone and it works normal.

I think it is caching issue myself.

Ron

2 Likes

This reading negative feedback has now become a routine since 2021 . I use to care about it and also reply these people . Now i mostly ignore such people and keep my blood pressure in check instead.

1. Reading I cannot Install . ( Every smart device has a learning curve. learn how to use the device you bought.)
  2. I paid for the watch face but i cannot find it. (huh. if you bought a smart watch learn how to use it also)
  3. Very bad heart rate not working .( User did not give sensor permission when watchface installed).

I recently bought Ticwatch 5 Pro running wear OS 3.5 its Mobvoi health although is still buggy and infant compared to Samsung Galaxy Wearable BUT it has 0 issues when using customization menu of a watch face on my Samsung Note 20 made in WFS.
why cannot Samsung fix this in Galaxy Wearable app.

So when some user says it is different on non Samsung watches it is kind of correct. because this issue is not there of customization menu on my Samsung phone connected to tic-watch running a Samsung wfs powered watch face. ONLY Samsung can fix this customization menu issue in Galaxy Wearable app we people cant.

3 Likes