Automatically show and hide elements within a defined time

Hello,
My English isn’t that good so I didn’t understand some parts of the manual for the Galaxy Watch Studio. That’s why I’m writing this using Google Translate. :wink:
My question:
Is there a way to show and hide an image, a clock hand or an index after a defined time and, in the case of a clock hand, to have it run in the opposite direction.

I have now developed around 30 watch faces and have a new idea for a complication for which I need this function.

It would be great if someone could help.

Thank you very much and greetings from Germany
Blade

Are you really using Galaxy Watch Studio for Tizen based watches? (Samsung Galaxy Watch3 and older) those are all over 4 years old. Or are you designing for Galaxy Watch 4, 5 and 6 that run on Wear OS for that you need to use Watch Face Studio

You can have more than one hand or index and show and hide that but it matters what conditions you want to use. if it is after 10 minutes showing then probably not. If it is at 15, 30, 45 min mark that is easy.

Finally if you are designing for the Tizen based watches you probably are wasting your time. You can’t sell them and you probably can’t run on your own watch without doing a lot of extra work.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello, thanks for the answer. Yes, it is GWS for Tizen. I am aware that the models are older. But they are still on the market and being worn. There’s a lot of work that goes into my dials that I don’t just throw in the trash. My question is not about minutes but rather about days in which the hidden clock hand, index and image should be shown and hidden. If that’s possible, it would be nice to briefly explain to me how it works.

I will also be working with the GFS shortly. As I understand it, there is also a program that can convert my Tizen dials to Wear OS, right!?

Thanks for your time and best regards
Blade

You cannot sell new or updated Tizen Based Watch Faces on Galaxy Store any longer what is there is there for a few more years then they will probably be closed. I can’t say for certain but for most products the industry standard is to end support for a product 5 years after the product is discontinued. For your own personal use this is what you need to do to run on your own device.

My question is not about minutes but rather about days in which the hidden clock hand, index and image should be shown and hidden. If that’s possible, it would be nice to briefly explain to me how it works.

You can do that with Tags for the opacity of the color
Start with this Using tags in GWS tutorial And this Blog on GWS Tags The stuff showing moon phases will work just as well on month and days.

I will also be working with the GFS shortly. As I understand it, there is also a program that can convert my Tizen dials to Wear OS, right!?

I think you meant to type WFS, there is a Galaxy Watch Studio Converter tool that will convert a .tpk to an .aab file (Android App Bundle). It does not convert a GWS project file to a WFS project file. It is highly limited in what you can have, for example no health complications other than steps and heart rate, no weather complications and the may be other limitations.

However WFS does have the ability to import assets (Graphics fonts animations) into the WFS project.

I hope you do well and feel free to ask for more advice in this forum.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations