BUG: Complication world clock on ONE UI 4.5

Hi everyone,

I would like to report an issue with the “World Clock” complication on ONE UI 4.5.

Old version (complication named “International Clock”):

the hour at the top in a large font and then the “CITY” position below in a small font.

New version (complication named “World Clock”)
the data is reversed.

If you replace the original one available on the watch face with another complication, you won’t be able to get it back - you have to uninstall and reinstall the watch face.

Missing complication on ONE UI 4.5: “International Clock”.

Example:

Screenshot_20220905_143108_sysui

bottom left: actual version CITY + DATE

bottom right: old version (with complication named “International Clock” / does not exist on ONE UI 4.5) DATE + CITY

It would be necessary to restore the complication as on the previous version (named “International clock)”. This way it becomes virtually unusable if the user accidentally changes complication; must uninstall and reinstall the watch face.

I would like to point out that this problem is not WFS dependent.

Thank you.

1 Like

yes I confirm this. I hope this will be fix soon. Devs might again absorb the impact of this bug.

Another bug. The % sign in the battery display for the complication, is no longer displayed on the watch.
Only 86 is displayed as an example instead of 86 %

1 Like

Complications Suite update will soon include fully working World Clock / UTC complication.
ETA: few days / already under play console review.

v1v2v3

1 Like

Another bug/broken is the default Music shortcut and it does not work automatically in both GW4 and GW5 when reconnected to phone. All default shortcuts are working but Music shortcut does not pull out the user’s media controller automatically. You need to play something first in the Phone before the Music shortcut work. I hope WFS team will look into this immediately.

Yup and I don’t like it :frowning:

You need to report this to Samsung Developer Support. It sounds more like One UI issue than WFS issue. But report it as a WFS issue to start with.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

This is a big problem, Not sure why its not fixed yet…
I just updated firmware and was about to create a new topic for this.

What is the big problem, there were several mentioned in this topic

Ron
Samsung developer relations

Hi Ron,
Its about World Clock for Short text complication.
Used to work as
Text = Time
Title = City shortform 3 char (NYC)

but now on installation is above but when user tries to set manually from customization, there is a different layout which makes it virtually not usable.
It shows New York full text as text , time as title.

People complain and there is no easy way to tell them.
All what I can say is before latest firmware, there used to be 2 world clock in customization now there is one and when we select that it messes up the format.

Rgds,
Niranjan

@niranjandandekar

Thanks, I understand now. I never notice there was a short form for the exemplar city before. I have complication suite and the world clock in it works correctly as you expect.

I am not sure where to report Wear OS bugs unless you are a OneUI beta tester. if you sign up for that you can report it it the issue is in OneUI 5.0

Ron

Hi Ron,

I think it’s OneUI. Thanks Ron, I’ll try submitting a report. Before OneUI 4.5, international world clock is listed in the complications with a white globe icon. I’m sure they can easily get it back. With OneUI 4.5, you can make the international world clock set as default in the watch face and it displays perfectly, however when users change the complication to something else, they can’t go back to international world clock complication since it was removed in the list of complications. Users have to uninstall our watch face and reinstall it back to see this world clock. I hope this complication will be included again in the next OneUI version.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m not beta tester but this is definitely a bug in recent update on ui.

@r.liechty_SDR
Ron
Not sure how to report…

Also how can I get complication suite?
I just want to see…

Rgds,
Niranjan

complication suite is available in Play Store I can’t remember if it is free or a small fee (once you download you don’t see any prices) Anyway it has a lot of useful complications like a World clock based on UTC (no time zone) instead of GMT (time zones)

Ron

@niranjandandekar
It’s completely free :slight_smile:
Complications Suite - Wear OS - Apps on Google Play

1 Like

Oh…thanks for the link.
Looks like you are the one who developed this?

Let me explore it. Thanks once again

Rgds,
Niranjan

were you guys able to fix this?

Complications Suite worked for me as break fix.

The latest version of Wear OS will have complication slots
Circle, Line, Small Box, Large Box
Those slots will accommodate several of the older complications types

In theory the complication developer’s complication should be one that best fits that complication slot.

All this is coming very soon and don’t worry the old complications are automatically updated to the most suitable slot type.

Ron

1 Like

Will adapt Complications Suite to this asap :slight_smile: