BUG (WFS 1.0.3) - World clock - custom complications

I cant tell if this bug was prior to this new release but it’s causing some serious problems for watch face users.

Reproduction

1. Add custom complication - SHORT_TEXT / LONG TEXT
  2. Test on watch
  3. Set world clock as complication
  4. Change complication to something else like steps etc.

BUG - new text value will change to previous source - eg. you will have title - STEPS, text - 15:18 (from previous world clock complication)

1. set world clock complication - 1
  2. set other complication - barometer - 2
  3. wait few seconds (data refresh - one minute) - 3 - BUG (TEXT value shows time)

Other complication remain intacted. As soon as you pick world clock, complication will remain “bugged” (till watch restart / watch face switch / reinstall)

Can any of the developers try and confirm it? Does anyone have a similar experience?

1 Like

Hi,

Can you create a support request on this?
If you make the complication Fixed and not editable they should not be able to change the complication.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Wil do that :slight_smile:
Thanks

I agree.
When you try first it works
As soon as you change city or try setting other short complication to world, it shows long text style time.
Earlier i remember there were 2 world clocks options.
Now only one.

I recently updated the watch firmware so this is something related to firmware i believe.
Try your old Watchfaces, replicate below

1. Select sunrise sunset save.
  2. Again enter customization select World clock n save
  3. The watch shows different layout

What did you do about this?
I can also raise but i need guidance as this hurts to all users including me… :wink:

Rgds
Niranjan

My bad the prob you have mentioned is different

But currently i hv prob with World clock for short complication

What I see is
Long text complication has city with time on one line
Short text complication has City with time below that on a second line
But it appears it starts with local time zone exemplar and had to tap on it and it opened to the mobile setting then I had to tap on change to update to the phone setting
Neither really look good on my watch.

Is that what you are seeing.

amoledwatchfaces has created a Complications Suite that includes an improved World Clock I believe it works much better. I saw it mentioned as a solution for World Clock.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hi Ron,
Thanks for replying… Yes previously for short complication of World clock, it used to show Text as Time and title as 3 char city name. e.g. regular globe icon, 02:35 pm as text and NYC as city.
But with latest firmware I see it shows New York as text, time as title.
This happens when you set it manually from complication. When we initially install watchface/ try from watchface studio, it works as previous firmware.
So people ask why my screenshots show perfect but then they set and it shows weird.

I also replied to Matteo’s bug thread.

Rgds,
Niranjan