Cannot update watch faces without "QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES" (WFS1.1.14) on Play Store

Hi @AIwatch,

never had issues with phone app.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
It’s a simple helper app like other developers, but I don’t know why.
Google might hate me
:frowning:

@AIwatch

What exactly did they write to you?

If I rebuild the watchface with WFS 1.1.14, won’t all the problems related to “QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES” be solved?

Reasons of violation Issue with your app
Your app contains content that doesn’t comply with the Deceptive Behavior policy.

Issue details

We found an issue in the following area(s):

• In-app experience : Please see attached screenshot com.watchfacestudio.ai_cute_d-InAppExperience-393.png
    Reasons of violation\ 48xauto About the Deceptive Behavior policy
    We don’t allow apps that attempt to deceive users or enable dishonest behavior including but not limited to apps which are determined to be functionally impossible. Apps must provide an accurate disclosure, description and images/video of their functionality in all parts of the metadata. Apps must not attempt to mimic functionality or warnings from the operating system or other apps. Any changes to device settings must be made with the user’s knowledge and consent and be reversible by the user.
    Publishing Status\ 48xauto App status: Rejected
    Your app has been rejected and wasn’t published due to this policy issue. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still available on Google Play.

There seems to be a problem with the watch face title, so I will update it again after fixing it.

The problem is that the update was rejected on other watch faces in similar cases before.
I immediately filed a complaint with the app review team. (It is a simple watch face installation helper app.)
However, I immediately stopped the watchface and was informed that my developer account would be terminated for any reason if any future app policies were violated.

For nearly two weeks, the app review team kept asking for objections (videos and explanations),
Fortunately, the objection was granted.

Good information!!!
The usual updates are going through today. It is enough to rebuild the watch face in the latest version of WFS and update it in the standard way in the Google Console.
Check it.

1 Like

@AIwatch

Thanks for sharing.

But be careful, because Google when updating the application also forces updating old graphics - screenshots [1: 1]. :grin: :grin: :grin:

If I rebuild the watchface with WFS 1.1.14, won’t all the problems related to “QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES” be solved?
I updated 33 watch faces to WFS 1.1.14 last weekend and uploaded them to the store. They all passed the examination.
If I do this, there will be no problem with “QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES”, right?

Exactly … QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES is removed from the WF

Quick additional query about this…

I’ve rebuilt a watch face with WFS 1.1.14 and released it to production to overcome the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES issue. So far so good.

But in the App Content section in Google Console (the bottom-most item in the left hand menu bar) and in the Sensitive permissions and APIs section, I see that it still says my App is not compliant.

If I go into this section by selecting ‘Start’ and then look at the App Bundles, I can see that it is complaining about an old release in an Alpha testing track that is now stopped. I’m just concerned that this may be a problem if it is somehow left unaddressed.

Any suggestions on action to take?

Rob

Hi Matteo. Do I also need to update the companion app for my mobile phone? Or just make a new version of the watch face. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

I’m not Matteo :sweat_smile: but it is enough to update the watchface

2 Likes

Thank you very much… :+1::+1::+1::wink:

2 Likes

According to Play Console Help:

When should you request the QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission?

The QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission only takes effect when your app targets Android API level 30

The watch faces from Watch Face Studio targets Android API level 28+

Does “28+” mean that it also targets API level 30 or above ?

Hi @rev
Yes, it does :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems that Query_ALL_PACKAGES is not removed:

What can I do to overcome this issue?
Thank you very much guys!!

G.

Make sure you have updated all the Watch Faces … that is a general warning message…

Thank you very much, I just have made one, for me at this moment…

so, should I ignore the message?

G.

Thank you Matteo for sharing this. I am now able to update the old watch faces that needed to declare QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission.

In the description / reason to use QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission, I typed in the same reason as yours:

“The QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission was added for normal operation of app-shortcut complication on watch face.”

In the video example, I uploaded a video of my watch with the watch face where I tap on each complications which then launches the apps (steps counter, battery, calendar, etc). The videos are less than 30 seconds and I uploaded the videos online using Vimeo, then type the link of the video in the form submission.

After I submitted the declaration, the app status would show “Ready to send for review” . This means that the changes I submitted was actually not sent yet.

So I have to visit the section of “Publishing overview” - " App content" - “Query all packages” and then I have to click the “Send for review” button.

That’s it.

So after submitting the declaration, there was another step I had to do which is clicking the “Send for review” button.

Now I can update all my older watch faces on Google Play Store that has the Query All Packages.

2 Likes