Cant Connect to Poco X3 Phone

Hello,
I have the Galaxy Watch 46mm and it was connecting to the studio via my Samsung J7 phone perfectly. However I now am using the Poco X3 phone and it can’t connect. The phone and watch have debugging enabled and I have rebooted all devices without any luck.
Is there any thing else I can do?

Thanks
Jay

If the phone pairs with the watch and Wearable App it should be compatible. The phone doesn’t matter and isn’t necessary if you are trying to run from Galaxy Watch Studio ( on a computer) to your watch it is the WiFi connection.

If you are trying to connect by SDBoverBT that won’t work with Tizen 5.5 (Active 2 and Watch3 watches). If you are doing it by SDBoverBT and an older watch you would need to approve RSA encryption on the Phone, On the Watch and enable BT Debugging in the developer options on the phone.

If you are doing it by WiFi It is probably the RSA encryption key not being accepted in time.

See the last 3 FAQs HERE

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hello

The watch being the older 46mm is using Tizen 4.0.0.7 so i assumed I could use SDBoverBT as I had on my Samusng phone before.
I dont know how I can approve RSA encryption on the Phone. The device cant be seen when I request the distrubtue certifiicate.
I have also tried with watch connected to wifi however the PC is a work PC connected to a different network. Is that where the issue might be?

Thanks for your reply.
Jay

SDBoverBT is how I have to connect from my work computer too.

So on SDBoverBT app you have both Computer connected and Watch Connected and you have data transfer allowed in your computer to mobile connection.

Then Hold down the Home Key (power) until it says rebooting about 15 seconds
Then restart everything to clear any caches
Wait a full minute for all wifi connections Be sure wifi always on is set and debugging is set developer options are on (tap on software version 5 times)
Set the watch on a preinstalled watch face
Connect sdboverbt app to watch
connect to computer allow data transfer
start run on device the android icon should show up
Keep your watch active and pay attention for the RSA Encryption key request.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Hello
Thanks again for the reply, cant connect using sdboverbt, I just added the screenshot to show. I have rebooted all devices and enabled debugging etc.

I will keep trying

Thanks
Jay

Hello
Just an update. I now have it working. :smiley:
I was missing the RSA request at the time I selected the watch in sdboverbt to connect. I had not being wearing the watch at the time so didn’t notice the vibrating and message that flashed up on the watch for only a few seconds. Once I selected allow all is perfect now.

Thanks for your help, hope this helps other people too.

Jay