Digital clock layers will not all change language

What I sent to Samsung Developer support:

"I’m having difficulty getting a digital watch face to pass the Seller Portal tests but I don’t understand how to fix the problem. I have several elements on my face (digital time, date, etc.). To show a highlight color for each element I layer an additional element underneath it and place it 1px up and 1px to the left so that just the edge is seen.

I also do this for several layers of shadow. All the layers display the same information (hours [HH or h], minutes [mm], weekday [EEE]etc.), and all of the languages are enabled with English being the default. My face keeps failing because when the tester changes the watch language to Arabic, only the very top layer of each element stack changes to that language. The layers under each one remain in English. Since my phone does not have the ability to change it’s language to Arabic I have no way to investigate this problem. Why would only the top layer change to a different language if all the layers under it will not?

Strangely, the weekday stack seems to change correctly. I look at the language setting for all layers individually, and they all show the same languages selected with English as the default. Without understanding the cause I will never be able to get this fae to pass. I don’t think there’s anything more I can try and I’m wondering if this is some kind of bug in GWS."

So, has anyone noticed any issues with language changes? I did notice that after I set the language configuration for the first element, all the subsequent layers I looked at had already changed to the same settings. It used to be that you needed to change language settings separately for each layer. That seems to have changed. Forgot to add that this face has failed 3 times already…

Their response was somewhat less than not helpful…

Yes, I too facing a similar issue.
Issue No 1. If I add multi-language feature - all. default language set to Arabic. and need to search required default language and set it as default.
Issue No 2. If I enable the multi-language feature for a particular element, Other elements also automatically getting set multi-language including AOD Mode. For example, If I add multi-language for Day, its changes other elements like date and Month.

Yes, exactly so. The default language for digital clock element is now Arabic. When I change one element on the face, and then go look at all the other digital clock elements, they have all had the same change made to them. But obviously, they don’t work (as indicated by my original post). This is a problem, and it seems to be a GWS problem.

Issue No 1. If I add multi-language feature - all. default language set to Arabic. and need to search required default language and set it as default.

Because Arabic is the first language in the list.

Issue No 2. If I enable the multi-language feature for a particular element, Other elements also automatically getting set multi-language including AOD Mode. For example, If I add multi-language for Day, its changes other elements like date and Month.

I could reproduce this. I’m not sure why it does this, it may be intentional but I’ll report it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

Thanks Ron, I appreciate it. Not sure what to do to get my face to pass though. I think my next step will be to visit each digital clock layer and, regardless of what the language settings show, I’ll change them to only the default of English, and then change them back to all languages with English as the default. If it fails after that, I’ll try creating all new layers from scratch and setting the languages for each one.

If it was intentional that all the digital clock language settings inherit the one you change, that’s not really a good idea. Maybe I should re-phrase that. It might be a good idea if the language settings that get propogated to the other clock layers, actually worked. Currently, it appears that they just show they are the same, but they really don’t seem to work with other languages. We’ll see…