Do i need to apply for Samsung Health partnership?

Hi, I’m trying to develop an application using Samsung Health Android SDK, to save my Samsung Health data as CSV (not download directly from Samsung Health or Samsung Cloud)

so, do i need to apply for Samsung Health partnership?
and can i develop an application without the Client ID and Access code (Health Developer mode)

If i should apply for Health partnership, is it possible to be approve for my project?

sincerely yours,
Jay

Samsung Health Developer Partnership is not open for applications and hasn’t been for 2 years. I have doubts it will be. GDPR and other national regulations highly restrict the sharing of any data and especially Health Data.

The newer Samsung Smart Watches use Wear OS powered by Samsung and that uses the Wear Health Services API that is available to all without any partnership.

can i develop an application without the Client ID and Access code (Health Developer mode)
No you cannot access the data.

If i should apply for Health partnership, is it possible to be approve for my project?

I doubt it, the only partnership open is Premier Partnership and what that is available for individual sellers it is mainly companies with products already available.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thank you for your reply.
Currently, I am using the latest Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy smartphones.

In summary, do you mean that I can develop an application that can download the health data (from Samsung Health application, like step, sleep, calories) using Google’s wear health services API instead of Samsung sdk?

Samsung Heath app uses the Wear Health Platform API for GW4 and does not use the old Android SDK so you have access to the same raw data that Samsung Health has. However how Samsung determines things like EKG and Burned Active Calories may be different.

GDPR data sharing regulations prohibit Samsung from sharing the collected health data.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations