Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur Update

I got a time frame. It looks like the last week of the month. Korean New Year is this weekend and there are other things that need to be done before it can be published for release.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

My advice for those who are starting to design and program watch face, is that they should never update the operating system of a computer or a laptop when making a version change, as in this case (Catalina> Big Sur) if they are not sure that they work all installed applications.
Not only GWS / GWD was affected with this problem and I am sure samsung is working to solve the problem.

Still happening this week? Eta?

Thank you for your patience on this issue.

I’ve noticed that Samsung tends to drop releases on Thursday or Fridays, I’m hopeful but still don’t have a date. There always could be a last minute glitch.

Ron

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response! I’ve been looking forward to this since I got the GW 3 a month back.

Com’on. First it was this month, then the last week of the month, then Thursday or Friday, now meh, there might be last minute glitch. Really dragging us along here.

I still have one more day to be correct :slight_smile: crossing fingers.

Believe me no one is more upset with this dragging on than I am.

Ron

2 Likes

That’s the lifecycle of DDIT for you

Month is almost over … Friday as well and no update … oh man

2 Likes

Ron, It’s March.
It is still not working.

No Update! It’s really sad.

So, considering 2.0 is technically still “beta”, there probably isn’t much hope for a Big Sur fix any time soon. Running GWS on bootcamp on my Mac using trial windows key, seems to get the program running, but can’t seem to get my watch to connect. And I can’t run my design programs on bootcamp for some reason. So, there’s definitely a workaround if you have the energy and can setup bootcamp properly. Unnecessary in my opinion but you gotta do what you gotta do. I would never advise someone to NOT update their Mac considering there are always security updates in there that are pretty important, plus you want your machine running the best it can. I don’t know where I’m going with this but, good luck ya’ll. And share any workarounds that are working for you.

Depending on their project delivery process, I won’t assume just because the current version is in “beta” that it’s a sign things are really behind. Usually, one this 2.1 (or whatever they call it) is finally pushed out into “beta”, 2.0 will come out of beta/alpha and just be a final version. Companies do things very weird internally to whatever suits them or the PMs preferences in delivery.

1 Like

I think it is an industry standard to label a free developer tool as beta to limit liability. Apple has listed Java JRE as a security issue it is not an easy fix.

Ron

I understand the level of difficulty dealing with Apple. At this point I’m just trying to figure out some ways around the issue. Some have mentioned Parallels or Bootcamp that came along with issues of their own. I also know Apple has pushed out a couple of updates since the Big Sur rollout, so was wondering if anyone had gone back and attempted some old tricks with maybe the java virtual machine pointers or something. If an official software fix isn’t ready, then maybe we can pool some constructive thoughts to circumvent in the meantime. Just trying to shift the conversation back to looking for answers rather than kicking rocks.

The last I knew it was supposed to be out the end of February. I will try to get an update on it today or tomorrow.

Ron

4 Likes

Any update on the update? lol

1 Like

Ron 언제 나와요
현기증나요
언제까지 기다려야하나요

I can’t figure out how many people you have on your staff of GWS developers? Maybe there’s just one developer who was hired as a freelancer? I’m furious. How can it take so long to find a bug and solve the problem? It’s been half a year. Samsung is becoming like a manufacturer that doesn’t give a damn. They have no respect for themselves and their developers who help them make money. It’s disgusting.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like it. The last update of the GWS was in April 2020. As a developer you are alone, no support through Samsung. I wrote to Support again. I had a ticket opened in November.

Sorry for my bad english!

1 Like