Galaxy Watch Studio and Mac Big Sur Update

I have no update to report.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1. Any Workaround for MacBook Pro with M1 chipset? GWS 2.0.0 shows only white screen.
  2. Do I need to install JRE separately for macOS? as I didnā€™t found any java version in MacBook Pro

Regards
S.Bali

There is currently no solution / update for GWS and Macos Big Sur!

1 Like

please give me the GWSā€™s update plan

If you are running Catalina or older then yes you need to install Java JRE See the compatibility and how to download from THIS PAGE

If you have macOS Big Sur it is not compatible with GWS.

Ron

I know this goes in circle and thereā€™s only so much information you can pass on however what are the other channels to air grievances? Legitimate grievances? As someone else pointed out earlier, this watch has been out for half a year and while Samsung canā€™t predict other companyā€™s directions with upgrades, there needs to be more communication to the community that supports the watch.

I understand the frustration. I report this to management and it is being heard.

Ron

2 Likes

Here is a response from Samsung support about the GWS update.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost afraid to post this but the latest update is before the end of March. I hope I donā€™t jinx it by posting.

Ron

If that was so it would be great. Iā€™m already waiting for it

1 Like

why wait so long for a bug solution? you can just roll back to Catalina and GWS will work fine.
Sorry for my bad english.

Yes, but thatā€™s not the solution to the problem!

1 Like

Hello Ron,

Could i please ask if the new version that the team prepares only fixes the problem with Big Sur or does it add also new features?

Thanks!

The release notes I saw had a whole list of bug fixes besides the macOS Big Sur fix. But there are no new features .

Ron

Alteast we need new version with Big Sur compatibility.

1 Like

wow that is nice
i think you have x86 emulation enabled
and how many ram have you?
i want buy a new m1 mac but I donā€™t know how much ram thanks

Hey, itā€™s been almost 2 weeks and nearing the end of the month once again. Any update?

(Sigh) I wish I had the answer I look every day.

Ron
Samsung Developer Team

That will be nothing this month!

1 Like

The long wait disappointed me :frowning_face: