Galaxy Watch Studio Converter

The Galaxy Watch Studio Converter lets you quickly and easily convert a watch face created in Galaxy Watch Studio to a watch face for Galaxy Watch using Wear OS Powered by Samsung.
Note: This converts the .tpk file to .apk file it does not convert .gwd files to .wfs files.

Please read the limitations for this tool.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hi Ron!

Thank you, that’s good news.

I quickly got acquainted with the characteristics of the new watch, and I had a question.

The new watches have a screen resolution of 450 pixels, while the previous models have 360 ​​pixels. I am afraid that if you convert the dials, they will lose quality. But I have no way to check it.

What do you say to this?

1 Like

Hi Ron,

Will there be a way to test the .apk watch faces on a virtual device or something so we can publish our new watch faces before the watches are released?

The FAQ says.
Watch Face Studio creates a project with a single resolution, but the created watch face supports all device resolutions.

So you build 450 x 450 and it is automagically 396 x 396 for Galaxy Watch4. From the reports I’ve seen from Beta testers the 360 x 360 watches converted just fine. (remembering the limitations). I had some issues with a very simple watch face that contained health complications that are not supported on Android watches.

Ron

2 Likes

Why is here resolution 396×396 ?
IMG_20210812_012059

I do not know of any thing like the RTL for the Android Watches I checked the Android Developers site and did not see anything there.

Ron

396x396 is the GW4 resolution, you can still sell Watch Faces thru Galaxy Store for it, but only for China

2 Likes

Hi, Ron,
Thank for your infomation.
I tried converting a watch face, but after converting the .aab file is not an apk file. I also don’t know what I can do with that converted .aab file

1 Like

.aab is Android App Bundle and will be the only file type accepted in the near future. The documentation is from a beta version.

I’ll let the docs team know.

Ron

1 Like

Moved to Watch Face Converter category.

How to test an application for an operating system that only 2 devices have and that does not work on Android or in tizen? … and another question is, if the converted can be published in the Galaxy store or only in the Android store (in which no face for this operating system is listed yet, only for Wear OS)?

“.aab is Android App Bundle and will be the only file type accepted in the near future. The documentation is from a beta version.”

Would love to know the solution to this issue.

1 Like

Hi Mo,

Sorry if I confused you. Currently both .aab and .apk files are accepted. In the future only .aab files will be accepted. GWS Converter files can be uploaded to Play Store now.

The documentation has been change to show .aab output now.

Ron

Kindly explain me how to solve this issue.
I have converted a watchface and while uploading to Play Console, I am getting this message “You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle signed with a certificate that expires too soon. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a certificate that expires further in the future.”

please help me to solve this issue and the further steps to uploading for approval.

Thank you

@matterplan88 everything’s okay at home? :sunglasses: :grin:

1 Like

this was an answer in this topic

There is an issue to create the valid keystore in the Galaxy Watch Studio Converter. It will be fixed from the next release. For a while keystore created by Watch Face Studio or Android Studio can be used.

I don’t have any date on the next release.

Ron

Thank you Mr. Ron. It’s worked :slight_smile:

GWSC did an amazing job, at least got 90% of the specs converted, understandable.

However, in order to fix a certain features I tried to open the .abb file into Watch Face Studio (WFS) but was prompted error message, despite that I have renamed the file without any of the characters.

Would greatly appreciate some guidance on this.

Thank you.

NOTE

With apologies, I couldnt find this topic on an earlier search and created a new topic. Now I cant find that topic to delete.

Hence continue with the help in this post. The unintentional inconvenience is highly regretted.

Thank you.

I guess the exported files cant be open with WFS for editing, same as .tpk could not be open with GWS. They are finalized build files ready for upload to whichever store, or watch.
However, WFS has its own import feature for the .gwd projects. But I doubt they will work same way, as for example WFS does not support double tap, while converter tool does.

1 Like