Heart rate [HR]

Well well well at least the review guy did try much harder this time doing everything above and still i get failed reviews using [HR] i suspect from the description fails on square watch still best to exclude that device either with latest updates

Hello,

You can add the below description.

*** The watch must be worn on the wrist for Health and Sports data to work
*** Oppo and square watch models are not supported at the moment!

1 Like

(Sigh)
Did you describe it as a Heart Rate Monitor, or was that their words?
It is not a heart rate monitor.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Avoiding display Heart Rate is the best solution. Adding Monochromatic Image Complication and user can set as a heartrate as a link. But There is no option Hear Rate to set through Short Text Complication.

Google Play Store are having field day rejected apps build by WFS powered by Samsung, main reasons for rejection is Heart Rate. This is despite removing Oppo, Motorola and Fossil from the Device Catalogue.

Hi Ron,

I did all this on my Apps, removed OPPO, FOSSIL and MOTOROLLA from the Device Catalogue. Having build and Run on device on my Watch4, all the features worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, Google Play continues to reject all my Apps that has HR measure, either text or Subdial. Their suggestion is to have the App tested on variety of watches. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Did you build these with Watch Face Studio 1.0.12 version? Those remove the need for body sensors.
Fixed HR to be measured even in devices without body-off sensor.

I don’t think excluding watch brands is practical in the long run as more and more brands are updating to Wear 2.0 (API level 28) or higher.

It may be your tap to open HR isn’t working are you sure it is a top layer button?

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Yes Ron, all the rejected Apps was build on WFS 1.0.12 and the shortcut tap, is not at the very top but amongst the top. An image over the Subdial at 0% opacity with Action > Tap > Measure heartrate.

The Subdial operates on tag expression -215 + 1.660*[HR]. The thing is, everything works fine (as build) on my Watch4.

Ron, you said Those remove the need for body sensors are you referring to OPPO - that should be excluded from the Device Catalogue?

PS. On my Watch4 when I put on the newly loaded watch face, the HR Subdial points to 220bpm. I tap on the shortcut and give it a brief moment, and the dial moves to the actual HR. It then syncs every 30 minutes or when I tap it. I’ve stated so of this functionality in the store listing.

I think this should be added to next watchfacestudio update. The abilitly to add heart rate complication via short text complication.

And looks like i still have to follow same route. 1st build make without HR and then update with HR the second build. Its really more work of making screenshots and build again. But that is what made me add HR to my last 5 watchfaces

1 Like

I excluded oppo device and updated description and it passed you can check it here if you like - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watchfacestudio.MWStylishSportsWatch

1 Like

That’s a cute trick :slight_smile:

Yup, I excluded OPPO too. Still got rejected. But I’ll try Osman’s suggestion next.

But when you update they will still check and validate the review team.

There is at least one other watch that updated to Wear 2.0 (API level 28) that does not support body sensors. So just including OPPO does not work.

Ron

1 Like

Yes it has work nearly everytime.
Thanks to Enkei Design developer

1st build upload watchface after hiding heart rate elements.

2nd build enable the layers and build and upload again . Dont add any description about it yet or screenshots. Just write minor fixes. I write minor alignment or index fix :stuck_out_tongue:

After 2nd build is approved now its time to change screenshots and description. only once this was caught and a watchface was rejected. But after i uploaded correct screenshots and description addition it was approved later

2 Likes

Could you disclose which watch is it? :yum:

Hi, I would just like to respond that of the last 5 dials I have sent for approval, they have all passed with absolutely no problems. And they all had heart rate readings. I’m not scrapping any devices. Everything works as it should. So you’re doing something wrong somewhere. But it’s hard to say what.

2 Likes

One pass one failed today same description same tags just no consistency with this review team.

Its a new report every time , I think I will have to do the same as other devs hide HR then update with new release and screenshots.