How to insert a Timer in a Watch face

Hi to all,

I’m using Watch face studio to create watch faces for my Galaxy Watch 4, but I’m not able to add a timer to a watch face as one preinstalled watch face.

The best result that I obtained was to insert a complication in Edit mode that after the launch on the device, after a tap on it, I can select the timer app to associate to it, but when the timer starts, the time on the watch face doesn’t procede to the count down, but it’s stop to a last time of the timer visualized in the timer app.

Is there any way to insert a timer that reports in the watch face the countdown?

Thanks

Someone will need to create a custom complication for that. There are several Wear OS timers but I don’t know if any of them have a complication for theirs.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I found this thread Timer and Heart Rate Monitor App IDs (and other default app)? but i don’t know to do that on my watch face from Watch face studio

I found a better way, create a monochromatic image complication There is a timer complication associated with that which opens a timer.

For custom IDs you create and image (or text block) and associate an action with it.
custom app ID

You should only use custom IDs for your own personal use as they can and often do change as apps (especially built in apps) are updated in an OS Version.

Ron

I cannot find the Action tab on Watch face studio, where is it?

I tried the Monochromatic image for a timer and it worked pretty well, but it only showed the digital time down in full mode. when you go back to the watch face the hourglass just flips every second and an alarm when it ends.

You have to have an image or a text box not one in a complication already. Then scroll down in the properties to the very end and you will see the Action. It doesn’t show unless you scroll the properties.

Ron

I made a little video with the result I need to obtain

Is it possible to have the countdown of the timer under a write “Timer”

I found it and that is a Long Text complication and it is not working correctly. All complications should be updated for a new Wear OS version (Mandatory by August) hopefully that is one updated sooner.

The reason the factory built one works is that it has access to lower level programming interface that is not available to all developer.

Ron

Hi have you a date for the new Wear OS version release? Today is August 31st and the update is not available on my Galaxy watch 4

I don’t really look for them to rush the updates out for older watches it would lower the incentive for people to upgrade to the newer Galaxy Watch6. If they are smart and they are, they will wait and make sure all the bugs are out of Wear4 before updating older watches.

Ron

You wrote

All complications should be updated for a new Wear OS version (Mandatory by August) hopefully that is one updated sooner.

For this reason I asked when the updated version Will be released

All complications not all watches. Galaxy 4 and 5 run Wear API 30 that is the new minimum requirement for Play Store. Galaxy Watch6 is Wear 4 (API 33).

I was informed that Watch4 and 5 will be updated to Wear4 but not told any timeline I would expect it to be this fall but it could be later.

Ron

Then can i ask you.if there no complication for timers.
Why are there watch face that support that. E.g premium analog watch from samsung default watch faces?

Read the topic :wink:, this issue occurs with watchfaces developed by Samsung software

A monochromatic value type has a Timer complication that opens the timer when you tap on it.

The reason that Samsung preinstalled watch faces can do this is they know that there is a timer on the watch so they can directly launch it and most likely have access to its API. WFS is designed for many brands and has to use the lowest common denominator so it does not know if a timer is available on other watch brands and what type of app they use.

They may also use the Wearable app to sync the watch with a phone timer. I don’t have the premium analog watch installed on my GW6, I don’t know how it works.

Ron

The new Wear os is arrived and I installed it, but now I’m no more able to connect my Watch 4 to Watch face studio, have you any solution?

Should be the same way? E.g run on device.
Click + sign. Use developor mode. Wifi debuging

Yes but doesn’t work, I found a work around to do it

and now works.

But the first problem of this topic persists, in the newest versions of Watch Face Studio, there isn’t longer The long text complication, and now it is possible to add a timer in a watch face only adding a circle complication editable.

The result is an awful icon of the hourglass without any text with the countdown

Ok…dont know about timer…but my gw5 pro, wear os 4,

Using 1.5.7 works find linking

Did you get to point u enter your ip and port and pairing code manually

And on the watch click pair new device

Screenshot_20230912_182940_settings~2

Seem there no full support for timer yet. Only shotcuts to timer