I get an error uploading to my TV

I get this error when uploading a app to my TV:

Installing the package… > Fail Unexpected error occurred at the below step. Installing the package... Tizen Web Application install failed. Please try again later.

I’m not sure what is going on

Do you have the Samsung Tizen Distributor Certificate. In order to sideload to a Samsung Device you need that not the Tizen Distributor Certificate.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

I have gotten a Samsung Distributor Certificate but still get the error

Installing the package… > Fail Unexpected error occurred at the below step.Installing the package... Tizen Web Application install failed. Please try again later.

From console I got this

Launching the Tizen application…

If you want to see the detailed information,

please set the logging level to DEBUG in Preferences and check the log file in ‘/Users/macbook/tizen-studio-data/ide/logs/ide-20220323_165802.log’.

[Initializing the launch environment…]

RDS: Off

Target information: UA55NU7300

Application information: Id(eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp), Package Name(eWu4FGZLtF), Project Name(MyApp)

[Transferring the package…]

Transferred the package: wgt stream → /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp/MyApp.wgt

[Installing the package…]

install eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp

package_path /home/owner/share/tmp/sdk_tools/tmp/MyApp.wgt

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] install start

was_install_app return WAS_TRUE

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[7]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[10]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[13]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[15]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[18]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[21]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] installing[23]

app_id[eWu4FGZLtF.MyApp] install failed[118012]

spend time for wascmd is [882]ms

cmd_ret:0

An exception occurred

(Installing the package… > Fail)

An exception occurred

Unexpected stop progress…

(2.796 sec)

See this thread and topic. It seems to be the same as yours

Ron

So I’ve tried setting chrome as my default browser and I’ve tried resigning it with a different certificate but it doesn’t work. Also they are using a partner certificate while I am using a public one. Do I need to make a partner certificate for this to work?

As far as I know partners are Store sellers or developers of Signage or Hospitality TVs.

I would first create a brand new certificate being sure to use Samsung Author and Distributor Certificates. and restart (not shut down and start) the computer to remove any caches Restart the TV (unplug 5 seconds or hold power key until it restarts)

What I suggest is to create the basic .wgt as in the docs here and see if that installs on your TV. without the error. It should at least tell you something if it does or does not install.

All the package IDs I see have 3 segments but I don’t see any requirement for that

I wish I could help you more, I am not a TV developer.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations