Impossible to connect GW6 to watch face studio 1.5.7

Ok. Understand the port number thing

Hi Knight.

I see you got the same problem as me with Ethernet.
Iā€™got the same idea about ADB (can paired and connect) and WFS and donā€™t understand why it doesnā€™t work with WFS.
My router is not an hold one and I got 2.5mhz and 5 mhz, try bothā€¦ still not work.

r.lietchy talked about the network and say maybe they 're not on the same network, but evrything on my network is on 192.168.1.* by DHCP so if iā€™m not wrong, theyā€™re ont he same network.

PS: I donā€™t understant the ā€œport number thingā€ can you develop ? please.
I want really to fix this, cause i need my work laptop for upload watch face on my watchā€¦

Hi @axel.valadon ,actually weirdly i dont have same problem, but i read from another topic the poster also had the same issue.

I just asking what i think its the right question for your behalf.

Anyway to answer your question.i think Its the protocol port number.

Some example,

Ssl = 443
Http = 80
Ssh : 22

To my understanding in networking.
There is a source port, destination ports involve in any connection. So the ethernet port = source port.
Where the watch ports is = destination port.

So in some case wfs source port maybe different from adb port.

So when ack come back from your watch it talks to adb port and not what wfs maybe listening too

From what i read and found out via task manager its adb bridge server port actually

Concept : client ā†’ server communication

P.s work laptop cannot use wireless?

I canā€™t either when I am within the Samsung Network it isnā€™t allowed. Check with your IT department to see if it is allowed.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks, for your answer.

Yes i use my work laptop for update my watch, but at home my PC donā€™t have Network, itā€™s why i try to connect by Ethernet.

I know about the source and destination port, but in my router i didnā€™t change the root, so what I donā€™t understand is, in WFS you tell him to check on the port thatā€™s write on the watch for itā€™s specific IP, like we do with ADB.

If i couldnā€™t connect with ADB I will understand I got a problem with my Network, but itā€™s not the case.
On my watch when i use Ethernet, i see my PC is paired, but WFS say it canā€™t read dataā€¦

So the source of the problem is WFS, I donā€™t have this kind of problem with anything else, WIFI and Ethernet are on the same network and everything work well, but not WFSā€¦

Hi,

The problem is only at home with Ethernet, if i use my work laptop at home, everything works.

Hi, what we meant is wfs is listening on a different port.

E.g adb server is port 5503
But wfs set up maybe 5037.

Your watch when making connection might sent ack or talk back to only port 5503

That why your adb commands works, but wfs does not

Just my guess may not be correct.

Anyway i dont think its wfs per say, could be multiple things at play, as its works for me
I connected my pc ā†’ ethernet, watch ā†’ wireless

And i do see my watch on the wfs.

Also another guy with same setup managed to make it work after he realised he missed a step.

Only difference in all three cases we are using different watches. Gw6 , gw 5 pro(my) , gw4

But wear os is wear os 4

Note i not saying u missed a step. But showing a example that works. With ethernet using wfs.

Also there can be a case where one application can connect to sometime, but another trying to do the same cant. Its called application firewall.

Example i can have chrome visit www.yyy.com
But edge cannot. Why? Edge got problem? No.
Something is blocking traffic. Untill i unblocked the traffic then my edge can visit www.yyy.com

Just saying

Anyway try uninstalling and reinstalling wfs. Might help.

Hi @axel.valadon , sorry if my replies irritated u.
Just get a bit annoyed when ppl say wfs has a bug when its work just fine for me. But i understand some bugs are wierd as it show up to some but not others. Its due to logic flow so if u hit the path the bug will show up.

So sorry about that.

Anyway if still unable to get your wfs to connect to your watch. This might help u mitigate the issue for now.

Hope this helps

I only complied this today.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

I understand what you mean about the listening port.
I use a GW6.

I try with firewall Off, nothing change.
For the steps for configure the watch and WFS, i can do it with wifi so I think I donā€™t make mistake at this point.

I can understand than a port can block for multiple reasons, but when we configure WFS we tell them witch port it have to use for ā€œtalkingā€ with the watch no ? Like ADB, is not a fixed port.

In WSF and ADB we do the same things :

IP adress of the watch (to know on witch device WFS or ADB have to talk)

the watch give the way for talking :
the port for paired (pairing code)
The password for paired
The port for connect (ā€œtalkingā€)

So why WFS have to use a different port than ADB, you give to it. (or I miss something). :slight_smile:

Anyway the source port is not given by us. It generated when the adb server is loaded.

There are three adb component.

Server, daemon, client

Client = the commandline,
Daemon = sitting in the watch
Server = the bridge (port generated by software)

install wfs watch faces by adb commands, post:1, topic:27899"]
If anyone has problems with ā€œrun on device of WFSā€ due to being able to connect wfs by wireless.
you can use this method to push your design to the watch for testing.

knowledge of ADB command line (DOS) is needed for this.

first in WFS click ā€œpublishā€ to publish/build your watch face into a apk.

Build and upload from Watch Face Studio | Samsung Developers

refer to

Preparing watch faces for publishing

then after you have publishing you do not need to upload unless you want to put to google play.

you need to just go to the build folder.

e.g C:\Users\myaccount\WatchFaceStudio\build\thisisatest
thisisatest = project folder.

then pair and connect with ADB
after connected successfully to your watch

run adb install .apk

Thanks for this, itā€™s a good solution for me, I will use it, iā€™m sure itā€™s work (Iā€™ve not probelm with ADB), but iā€™m still curius about the WFS connection by ethernet.

Ok

Thatā€™s what I missed

@axel.valadon Are you using adb that u downloaded or the one bundled with wfs?

Hi , probably that why our experience is different, i use the adb bundled in wfs
Even for commandline calls.

Wfs calls adb also

So meaning when i try command line adb. Or use run to device the adb version is the same

sorry, i make 3 connections thatā€™s why.
I disconnect evrything and try again.

PS C:\Users\macke\Desktop\platform-tools> .\adb install .\com.axel.Carrera_widgets.apk
Performing Streamed Install
Success

Ok the watch face is on my watch, work great !!

Thanks for this solution :wink:

1 Like

In the past there was an issue with WFS if the adb being used was not the one in the WFS search path. I think they resolved this but if you have an issue

Open
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\WatchFaceStudio\tools\window
(copy the address as text from file manger using right click on the address bar)
Open a command prompt
navigate to the folder address
cd C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\WatchFaceStudio\tools\window

then use your adb commands.

Ron

@axel.valadon and @r.liechty_SDR
Sorry after double checking my adb for command lines is from android studio sdk.
But wfs uses its own version.

And i have no issues yet. But logically using same adb might help in synchronisation between wfs and calls from dos

No they are the same Android Device Bridge it is just that it was reported that if a different adb is running that it can mess up WFS Run on Device. That is why i said ā€œIf you have an issue.ā€

Ron

Hi @r.liechty_SDR , when i said its own version i mean different path. Or different copies. It also could be different version number. Not that wfs codes it own adb.