IP Address

Why does GWS 2.0 continue to scan for my watch, even after the watch has successfully connected?

I guess it continues to scan the subnet for there could be even other devices available for connection and upload. For example I used to test watch faces on my gear S3 with original firmware and same time on my friends updated S3.

Because you didn’t click on it to select that watch.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Oh, I’ve clicked on it, selected my watch and loaded (RUN ON DEVICE) watchfaces to my watch. It still continues to scan ad infinitum.:thinking:

I’m saying when you get to the spot where it says connected Watch and shows an icon and Galaxy Watch Active2 you click on that and it stops searching.
I build,
I select Run on Device
I pick my watches IP address and select that
my watch shows on the list
and I select it.
It starts to load onto the watch.

It always stops when I click on the watch from the list but if I don’t it keeps on spinning for a while as it searches for more devices. Maybe I need to try it again, I may be remembering an older GWD process and having a blind spot in my brain :slight_smile: . I need to try this from my personal computer as I can’t connect from within Samsung network. If it doesn’t stop for you let me know.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program