Limit watch faces per week

You can’t just create a new account and sell watch faces anymore. New sellers need to be submit a request and be approved for a partnership to sell watch faces now.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

1 Like

I am sorry, I completely forgot about this innovation :smiley: Well then, will register with his grandparents lol

Hello
Can you take a look to “TH WATCHFACE”
As I can see he is trying to Re-Release Same Watch Faces with different names everyday.
He just change the title or background color then re-release designs (almost duplicate).
Here is the link to his store:
http://apps.samsung.com/gear/brandPage.as?sellerId=8s2q8dbwab&brandId=0000008370
You can see some his duplicate designs I list below :

NDM024, NDM020, NDM030, TH007, TH030 same design

NDM009, NDM016 same design

TH032, NDM035 same design

TH015, NDM008 same design

TH010, NDM026 same design

TH047,NDM048 same design

TH039, NDM041 same design

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

The person who is releasing all this halloween/christmas themed watchfaces under the brands “Firaky Global”, “Firaky World”.

Non-stop again cannot count how many released just today. If you go to new section it is just this sellers watchfaces.
How is this person allowed to spam Samsungs platform for his own promotion. The buyers constantly see his watchfaces and nothing else in the new section.
Something must be done because the new section has become “Firaky World’s personal store”

1 Like

The duplicates do not appear in the US Store it is one or the other. I’d assume that one version is localized and one is English. I can look further into this. But at first blush it seems legit.

Ron

Again these do not appear in the US Store I need to have a watch face name and then go from there to see if he is just spamming one country or just avoiding the US.

Ron

In the Brazilian Galaxy Store it appears his watch faces in “news” category.
“Firaky Global” and “Firaky World” I think that is the same perso! The watch faces only change the background. And all rubbish! It only changes wallpapers and with simple digital time and nothing more! Disappointing!

Some watch faces (Of the hundreds he has and sends several every day.)

Watch face: Jack-o-latern 61

Image from: https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/hand-drawn-scary-halloween-haunted-house_5388440.htm

Watch face: Halloween Pumpkin 29

From: https://br.freepik.com/vetores-gratis/vaquinha-preta-bonito-halloween-mao-desenhada_5281238.htm#page=1&query=Gato%20preto&position=28

Image from FREEPIX PREMIUM (need a license to use the image) https://br.freepik.com/vetores-premium/cartaz-de-doces-ou-travessuras-com-design-de-ilustracao-de-coruja_9942260.htm

Watch face: Halloween Wizard 30

Image from FREEPIX PREMIUM (need a license to use the image) https://br.freepik.com/vetores-premium/vetor-de-garota-sugarskull_2533778.htm

1 Like

Thanks for posting those content.
I do see the content in the US Store but it isn’t shown in the New content list. I’m not sure what the difference is. There isn’t much I can do at this time about this seller, I did submit a report to the US Store regarding “clone” watch face sellers.

Ron

In Cuba in new applications many watch faces of this person appear, when I opened his profile I saw this …
draw your conclusions.

Another option is to change how the New section works. It can be changed to show only the LAST watchface a developer published, and only one face per developer. This can also be applied to the other sections as well (Top free, Top paid etc). This way the spammers will stop for sure, as they will loose the visibility offered by the New section. And they cannot make multiple accounts anymore. What do you think?

1 Like

The problem is that for legitimate reasons, for example, a seller is launching a new brand, it is reasonable for the seller to need to launch several watch faces at the same time. The store even encourages this practice to set a release date.

I suspect in this cited seller that they just added Cuba to all their content on the same day and it had been available elsewhere.

Ron

I came across this thrrad accidentally…and i wanted to share my views on it: as a costumer,I like having choices when I go purchase a t shirt.i would want the shirt to be available in different colors and sizes…as one size doesn’t for all.and for the watch faces i want to be able to pic from 100 designs about halloween or christmas.Also take youtube for example…people can upload shitty or rubbish content as much as they want…youtube will not get filled with that.so there is an algorithmic problem that needs to be fixed.as for the resources required to review the watches.I think other stores use test automation.

This thread was about someone Gaming the System unfairly and hindering buyers from seeing options.

Anyway this is a moot point because Galaxy Store for Tizen OS Based Watches is no longer accepting new content.

Because end user questions disrupt developer discussion this thread will be removed soon.

Ron
Samsung Developer Community