Am mostly enjoying WFS – but am frustrated by several small but important bugs – or possibly my own misunderstanding oh how stuff is supposed to work.
This is the first of a few posts on specific issues:
Long Text Complication
- Take a blank project, drop any old index as background.
- Drop a Long Text Complication on it.
- Set Default Provider to Next Event (note, there are only 4 choices: Empty, Battery, App Shortcut, Next Event).
- Choose a new Layout: Long Text (only, i.e. no icon, no title, no image)
- Check the Text Appearance is TrueType and centered.
Expected behaviour is correctly shown in Preview Window.
But - run on Device (Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46mm) reveals two issues:
The screen will be blank. GW4 doesn’t recognize the aforementioned Event Provider. If you customize the Complication, there are huge number of available choices — but Next Event isn’t one of them. While some of those choices may be specific to GW4 and excluded from WFS, many are not. So - both WFS and GW4 show incomplete providers.
Choose any old provider. It doesn’t matter. Example: Call History. As the watch is committing the choice, the Call History data flashes up exactly as it should (without icon etc…and centered). But once actually committed, I get an icon and text (not centered) as opposed to the Layout I selected in WFS. It’s like the Layout is overwritten/ignored.
Is it me? Maybe.
Is it WFS? Don’t think so…
Is it GW4 – spidey sense says yes.
See below for a screenshot of WFS and one from the Watch: