Looking solution for (0xc000007b) Error

We have installed tizen studio verison 4.5 then installed tv extentions and extras from Extention SDK in package manager.
And tried to run the emulator manager from tizen studio then got error of msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll were missing after that we downloaded the msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll file then pasted in path = (C:\Windows\SysWOW64) and we tried to run emulator now
we are getting error (the application was unable to start correctly.
Capture11

Make sure you have the prerequisites for the Emulator.

Google Search says:
The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc000007b) is an error that either indicates some components required to start your game are missing , or that you have downloaded the wrong version (bit-wise) for your operating system.

Did you reboot your system after installing Tizen Studio and updated .dlls That was the first thing in fixing this error.

The second thing was to reinstall the redistributable Visual C++ That may have been a better choice than just than downloading the .dlls individually.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations.

@r.liechty_SDR Are there other troubleshooting options? I get the same error when trying to run the Tizen Emulator. My current configuration:

• Windows 11 Pro
  • Intel(R) Core™ i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
  • Intel Graphics UHD
  • Visual Studio 2022
  • Tizen Studio 5

I am following this guide for setting up Visual Studio Tools for Tizen.
I have installed the Visual C++ Redistributable from Visual Studio Installer (C++ 2022 Redistributable MSMs). The first time I try run the emulator I get the following two errors:

• The Program can’t Start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
  • The Program can’t Start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

Both those dll’s exist in C:\Windows\System32. When I copy them to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 I get the same error as @tza1591371051:

• The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

I have checked the prerequisites you linked. I meet all of them except having an NVIDIA GPU. Would that cause the emulator to fail? Google suggests reinstalling the application. I have done this twice for Tizen and the C++ redistributables without success. Do you have any other suggestions?

I can’t get it to work with Windows 11 either. I asked support and they said as far as they knew the Device manager won’t work Because of the .dll issue you mentioned.

Visual Studio tools has those DLLs I added a path to them but apparently one is 64 bit and you need the 32 bit or vice versa. Tizen Studio had a recent update to Tizen 6.x but that didn’t fix it either.

Open a support request in developer support and Smart TV Seller Support Request

Just as for Tizen Studio support in the Developer support but Smart TV seller office is a different support so ask there too.

If you find an answer let me know. I’ll ask around for one again.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

@r.liechty_SDR Thanks for your response. I managed to get the Tizen Emulator working after reading this guide, and messing around for an hour. Here are the steps I took to get it to work on Windows 11:

1. Install Visual Studio 2022
  2. Install Visual Studio - Workloads
    a. .NET Multiplatform App UI Development (.NET MAUI)
    b. .Net Desktop Development
    c. Desktop Development with C++
  3. Visual Studio - Individual Components
    a. C++ 2022 Redistributable MSMs (these contain the 64-bit versions of MSVCR120.dll & MSVCP120.dll found in C:\Windows\Sytem32)
  4. Install the x86 Version of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. This contains the 32-bit versions of MSVCR120.dll & MSVCP120.dll found in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
  5. Restart PC
  6. Install JDK 8
  7. Restart PC
  8. The remaining steps were done following the guide Installing Visual Studio Tools for Tizen starting from the header Emulator Requirements.

Some final thoughts:

• Using the latest x86 version of the Visual C++ Redistributables from Microsoft might also work, but I have not bothered to try. My suspicion is that for Windows 10/11 and VS 2022 Microsoft assumes that no modern development will require any 32-bit .dlls, while the Tizen Tools might (not sure) require some 32-bit functionality not found in these versions of Windows and VS.
  • It might be worth updating the Installing Visual Studio Tools for Tizen page:
    • Install .NET Multiplatform App UI Development instead of .NET Core cross-platform development (not found in VS 2022)
    • Add a step somewhere for installing the x86 & x64 C++ redistributables
    • The step Set Tizen Baseline SDK path is no longer an option as of Tizen Studio 5.0. I have not updated/tried this for Tizen Studio 6.x as you mentioned it was released recently.

Hope this helps, let me know if you can/cannot reproduce.

Thanks,

Travis

Thanks,

I’ll give it a try and pass this on to our Support team.

Ron