Looking solution for (0xc000007b) Error

@r.liechty_SDR Thanks for your response. I managed to get the Tizen Emulator working after reading this guide, and messing around for an hour. Here are the steps I took to get it to work on Windows 11:

1. Install Visual Studio 2022
  2. Install Visual Studio - Workloads
    a. .NET Multiplatform App UI Development (.NET MAUI)
    b. .Net Desktop Development
    c. Desktop Development with C++
  3. Visual Studio - Individual Components
    a. C++ 2022 Redistributable MSMs (these contain the 64-bit versions of MSVCR120.dll & MSVCP120.dll found in C:\Windows\Sytem32)
  4. Install the x86 Version of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. This contains the 32-bit versions of MSVCR120.dll & MSVCP120.dll found in C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
  5. Restart PC
  6. Install JDK 8
  7. Restart PC
  8. The remaining steps were done following the guide Installing Visual Studio Tools for Tizen starting from the header Emulator Requirements.

Some final thoughts:

• Using the latest x86 version of the Visual C++ Redistributables from Microsoft might also work, but I have not bothered to try. My suspicion is that for Windows 10/11 and VS 2022 Microsoft assumes that no modern development will require any 32-bit .dlls, while the Tizen Tools might (not sure) require some 32-bit functionality not found in these versions of Windows and VS.
  • It might be worth updating the Installing Visual Studio Tools for Tizen page:
    • Install .NET Multiplatform App UI Development instead of .NET Core cross-platform development (not found in VS 2022)
    • Add a step somewhere for installing the x86 & x64 C++ redistributables
    • The step Set Tizen Baseline SDK path is no longer an option as of Tizen Studio 5.0. I have not updated/tried this for Tizen Studio 6.x as you mentioned it was released recently.

Hope this helps, let me know if you can/cannot reproduce.

Thanks,

Travis