Notice of new version 1.2.5 (June 23th, 2022)

I installed the old version 1.1.14. Built a watch face using a constant key. And google play console allowed to download .aab. I think that the problem is in version 1.2.5. Maybe there are other ideas?

Using same key with same alias / password ?
Maybe try uninstall / install with computer restart.

Yes. Everything was written as before. I deleted. I reloaded. Tried to build even on another computer. The result is the same for version 1.2.5. At the end it gives the message “Unexpected parameter(s) after input APK (–ks–key-alias)”. But it was the same with the old version. Play console let me download .aab

Hi Shedio and gmpanh,

The known issue where the title names of the styles change order when customizing with Wear App, has been resolved by Galaxy Wearable app team. Hopefully the fix will be released within 2 ~ 3 months.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
Jakia

Well, not just titles it also get crashed (Some time never get opened no matter how hard you try it always get crashed while loading. B. It takes a lot of time to load as well) if there are 7 or more elements to edit on a watch face. @Jakia.Sultana

Thank you for the updates and continuous support. A novice publisher like me truly appreciate SDP’s efforts to produce WFS at not cost. And on top of which help with all the questions.

1 Like

One wish from novice publisher, that perhaps future version will be able to duplicate an .aab file than can be viewed/accessed by android devices. To date, I have not used any companion app to push my Wear OS on Google Play. I simply leave a note such as below and hope 1 out of 10 customers read it :slight_smile:

“AE apps are built with Watch Face Studio powered by Samsung with an API of 28+. As such it will not be accessible on Google Play via some 13,840 Android devices. If your Android device is affected, please browse and download from web browser on your personal computer or search watch name from your Watch. For more installation option, refer to Samsung Developer’s guide: Install Wear OS™ Powered by Samsung Watch Faces - YouTube”

Unfortunately 99 out of 100 customers will not understand what you wrote :confused:

1 Like

Samsung WFS team did a great job in less than a year.

All these issues on the Play Store are caused by Google and its store which is completely broken.
And after all these months, they still haven’t solved practically anything.

In practice: you can create nice watch faces with WFS but you can practically not sell them on the Play Store.

99% of the negative feedback I get is the fault of the Play Store and their bugs.

It is true that only a few users read and understand certain instructions but it is also true that from a store you should be able to download a watch face without tricks or workarounds.
It appears that Google does the exact opposite. It’s a mess over there.

6 Likes

Hi @gmpanh ,
We can’t reproduce the crash issue. Could you please report this issue in Developer Support | Samsung Developers? Please attach a sample .wfs file along with the issue report so that we can reproduce this at our end.

Thank you,
Jakia

This is easy to reproduce! Just add some images as frames, then set each images to last a large number of frames – I think the highest number if 15. You will see that each image correctly lasts 15 frames in the studio, but on the physical watch each image only lasts one frame.

This was working correctly in the previous version. Is the previous version available for download somewhere? With 1.2.5 I’m forced to add duplicate images in order for my animation to play back at the correct speed, which is a bloat-y workaround.

IMO Samsung should always make the previous version available when releasing a new version in case the new version has breaking issues like this.

I confirm this bug, I am using a mac and sometimes it gets stuck when building the watch face. Need to force close the app and try again.

Hello, I am getting build stuck more often. And now it got always stuck on the build process. Is there any workaround for this problem? Trying to force close and restart the MacBook is not helping.

Hi all

Including this but fix, today we released new version 1.2.6 (here)

Thank you for your interest and voices.

1 Like

Thank you very much, the build issue is already solved. Really helps us a lot!

Hi all,

I’m getting some emails where users sometimes can’t customize the watch face from App Wearable.

It appears that the app gets stuck on this screen to return to the main page:

Has anyone had the same issue?

It seems that after 3/4 watch reboot, this issue disappears.

Thank you.

Yeah it happen with watch faces which uses large size of images or have more then 7 customization options!

Not in this case: there are 4 menus and no background image, just solid colors.

I’m getting some random feedbacks in different watch faces.

There are those who have these issues and those who have no errors.

Another example posted by a user. This happens directly on the watch without using App Wearable:

To solve, just restart the watch 3/4 times.

Hi Matteo,

I downloaded and installed the watch and changed colors and so on. I had no issues with MD 170b.

My thought it I don’t have a lot of watch faces installed. That may be something to consider.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

1 Like

Hi Matteo. I also had this problem. A restart of the watch helped. I don’t know what the problem causes.

1 Like