Old Zirconia library

I am using your zirconia library (https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/zirconia/how-to-protect-your-app-using-zircornia) for protect my app “BoxToGo Pro” from illegal copy.

From Android 6.0 there is an issue, because your class com.samsung.zirconia.DevInfoRetriever needs permission for READ_PHONE_STATE for retrieving IMEI. From Android 6.0 my app must explicitly claim the right from the user, otherwise the app crashes with an error. If the user rejects the authorization, the copy protection no longer works.

From Android 10 the method TelephonyManager.getDeviceId() is deprecated. You use this in com.samsung.zirconia.DevInfoRetriever

I think you need to address this on an Android Developer Site regarding privacy changes.

See THIS PAGE regarding TelephonyManager.get DeviceId() being deprecated.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

I know, deviceId() is deprecated.
But your library “zirconia” uses this function!
Please update your library and make it compatible to Android 10.

Or please tell me, how can I copy protect my Android App before uploading it to Galaxy Apps?

I found one person in support that thought Zirconia was deprecated in 2014 no one else had ever heard of it.

Have you looked into Android DRM I assume that has replaced the Zirconia.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

That may be.
But for Android DRM or Google licensing the app needs Google Play Store or Services.
How can my App can contact Galaxy Apps and check of the App is purchase or piracy copied?