I am looking for support on uploading watchface binaries to the seller portal. I have built a watchface with Galaxy Watch Designer which i would like to be available for both Tizen 4 operating system but also for the older gear devices.
If you want to support S2 devices you must use GWD 1.6.2 or older and run the 32 bit Java.
For Gear S3 and Sport they have been updated to Tizen 4 so you actually only need to do the Tizen 4 for all but 13 combinations. Also watches running Tizen 4 are backwards compatible with Tizen 3 builds so you technically could only do that too (but it may not be as effecient.)
My question is: do i need to select the devices for each binary? If i keep the settings as they are, the number of devices (most probably extracted by the binary is 1312 which seems pretty a lot. What kind of selections are you performing to avoid rejection and reduce time of device testing?
Currently you need to deselcct S2 devices as the previous user said if you are using the newer versions of GWD and the number of devices shoujld be more than 1312 now. The number of devices is a combination of the phones and they watch versions.
When you submit a round watch to the Galaxy Apps store you must select all watches 360 x 360 watches in a group to be tested. However, with Galaxy Watch Designer 1.7 or newer, S2 devices are not supported. This causes This causes a validation error you will get because they test on S2 device and it will not install. Here is what you need to do to rectify the problem.
- Go to the “Binary” section of the “Add New Application” web page.
- Upload your binaries as usual.
- Next to the field “Add More Binary”, click on the number behind “Selected Device(s)”, which should read about 1426 or so.
- A dialog window with a large list of hardware combinations shows up. Don’t get confused.
- In the search field at the top right enter “Gear S2” - no need to press Enter.
- The displayed list now only contains hardware combinations including the S2 watch.
- Now uncheck the check box “Select all”.
- Despite the message still reads 1426 devices selected", you have in fact deselected all S2 combinations, about 314+
9.Click the “Save” button at the bottom.
- The dialog window closes and your device number(s) should now be down to 1097 or 1084 (if tpk4 only) or so.
- Save and then submit
We have suggested the store stop grouping watch faces and deselecting but allowing individual selection when uploading a binary.
Samsung Developer Program
Original thread HERE