Progress bar in ranged value complication

Hi.
How I should use circular progress bar - range value for complication, if I need use only half circle (not whole circle)?
0 is start 100 is end, but only semicircle
Thx

Hi,

Check this topic, I had that same issue and there is an answer for 180 degree gauge.

https://forum.developer.samsung.com/t/is-there-any-way-to-edit-in-more-sophisticated-way-a-watch-face-designed-in-watch-face-studio/15045/2

Thx, but this is not for complications. This is only for TAGs

Based on it I was able to build complications for baterry level and steps count.

Battery level and steps I can use from tags. But I need use it for external complication - Heart rate from 3rd party app

It is up to the 3rd party app to create the complication. If they currently do then we can ask the WFS team to add it.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thx, Ron.
I don’t understand, why complication of heart rate from Shealth in WFS is empty. Complication of SPO2 too, sleep too… etc, etc…

The Unified Wear OS is developed for all manufacturers and those may not include Samsung Health.

This is not new: while Galaxy Watch Studio development team had access to private API’s, Those were not available to Tizen Developers and if you created a watch face with Tizen Studio you could not access Samsung Health data.

Ron

I know, but all compilations would by has same format for use somewhere. Or not?

1 Like

There is a component that Android developers can add to their code to make complications available to other developers. Their are specific functionality that needs to be included.

Ron

Am I to understand that I will never be able to use a complication from Samsung Health here in WFS?

I’ve requested it as a feature request hopefully they can add them.

It looks like Samsung Health does provide wearable complications but they may not all be available in WearOS Powered by Samsung yet.

Ron

Samsung Health has all complications working & prepared to be used. Development team just removed SHORT_TEXT complication type in the S Health app AndroidManifest.xml so there is only ICON type - it’s unfortunate as Google’s new Pixel Watch which uses Fitbit provides complete set of complications for every watch face > distance, heart rate, spo2, etc.

1 Like

I am trying to do this have a 3rd party complication but instead of a plain progress bar to do a dial with hands how do i do that?
on galaxy watch studio it was possible
Thanks

You need an index and a pivoting hand and use Tags on the rotation property,for example battery percentage time 3.6 is a full 360 degrees and time 1.8 is a half circle.
You may need to change the adjust the inner pivot and outer pivot to get a good arch and not one that “wanders”

Ron

i know how to do the built in ones i am talking about a 3rd party complication.
i have 3 dials in my watch face
1 is watch battery (which works)
1 is steps (Which Works)
1 is using a 3rd party app for phone battery and the issue is its not maching as i only see how to do a rotating dial
Thanks

@Nochlab1

Are you using the @amoledwatchfaces app for this. I’ve tagged him in case he can help.

Ron

yes :slight_smile: thats the one i am using

It is by far the best one,. A pat on the back to @amoledwatchfaces

Ron

Hi. Currently there is no way how to get values from complication providers and draw some elements based on them in WFS. You won’t be able to draw some watch hand and rotate it based on min, max and value from RANGED_VALUE complication.

One possible way is, when you’re certain that you will only use Phone Battery complication, to draw watch hand as a bitmap font, every rotation point will refer to certain battery %. This will require like 100 bitmap characters. You will use this bitmap font in complication ‘Text’ element. Possible but time consuming.