Read data and display in Postman/Website?

I’m going to get data from Samsung Health and display it in Postman or a website (offline). And when I’m searching for tips and guidance, everything is about creating an app to your phone or watch.
So, this is my last (for now) call for help.

I know that Health Connect is recommended and that’s possible to create what I want (so I hope), but is it the only way?
Any tips where to start? Is Health Connect the way to go or is there API’s to display data from Samsung Health in Postman or on a local website?

It is very tricky to show Health Data publicly since it is so controlled by the government privacy regulations.

If you can do it with Health Connect the Samsung Health team as created some Blogs that may be of help to you.

The other option is to become a Privileged Health SDK Partner but that is only available in the US and parts of Europe now. See this page at the bottom you can apply for the partner program.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks for the answer.

• Is there any different if my goal is only to show my own data for private use?-
  • Is there any fee or cost to join the Priviledge Partner?
  • And, will it be possible to extract data and view on a webpage or Postman?
  • Is there any different if my goal is only to show my own data for private use?-

That is how the old SDK partnership work it was for personal use for testing and then had to be approved for distribution. My understanding is that his how Health Connect works. You have to agree to how the information is used.

• Is there any fee or cost to join the Priviledge Partner?

No but you have to be approved and they are rather conservative on that. It probably isn’t what you really need it is more for Fitness apps and such to share data.

• And, will it be possible to extract data and view on a webpage or Postman?

I don’t know with privileged partner there probably is but I think Health Connect is the way to go. If you don’t see a way to gather certain type of data like ECG there are some algorithms on the Net you can find and use.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Ok, thank you for the info :slight_smile: