SDB Command Error

I keep getting this error when I try to test an update of my watch face on my Galaxy Watch. All of this is foreign to me. How do I fix it?

If it helps, I have tried updating both my Author and Distributor certificates, with no luck.

I’ve also tried connecting via SBDoverBT, but that’s not working either. I have no trouble connecting my phone to the watch, but when I click on my phone under Run on Device on GWS, nothing happens.

Hi Jereed7

Since you are connecting to watch in order to generate a Distributer Certificate you are connecting to the device fine.

This is a confusing error message. When you first connect to your watch a pop up is displayed asking you to accept an RSA Encryption Key.
You have about 15 seconds to respond or it closes and doesn’t show again thinking it was an attempted hack. Because it isn’t accepted you can’t send the Distributor Certificate and times out, that is the time expired, not your certificate.

Hold down the power button until it says rebooting that will force a new RSA Dialog and not lose any data on your watch. Then the next time you connect observe your watch closely and accept the RSA Encryption.

See FAQ @23 point 4

I think when you use SDBoverBT and select the device at that time the RSA Connection pops up but it has been years since I connected an older watch so It also may not happen until you select the device in Run On Device.

Hope this helps.
Ron

Hi Ron, thanks for the response.

The issue is, I’ve tried rebooting the watch and it’s still not giving me the RSA Key. I am looking closely to make sure I don’t miss it, but nothing pops up.

It’s slightly irritating because I’ve updated this watch and this particular watch face several times before. I didn’t change any settings so I don’t understand why I’m having trouble now.

You are on Windows right? If not there is a totally different issue.

in the C:\users[uername]\ folder is a hidden folder .tizen are two files
sdbkey
sdbkey.pub
rename or delete those files
Restart computer (don’t just turn off and on but use restart to clear any cache)
reboot your watch press and hold power button for about 15 seconds until it says rebooting

I’m sure you did this but just to be 100% make sure Developer Options are on and debugging is on sometimes they get turned off in an update.

Wait a full minute to be sure your wifi is fully connected to both pc and watch

set your watch face to a factory installed watch face.

Launce GWS and your project and select run on device. Observe your watch it should pop up an RSA encryption key acceptance pop up or for older devices an allow debugging pop up.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Thanks Ron, I will give all of that a shot this evening. And yes, I am on Windows.

Make sure you have the same issue. For a Macos Catalina or newer you need to contact support and get a newer version of SDB the one that shipped with GWD 1.8 /GWS 2.x and newer is the wrong version.

On a Windows machine it is usually the designer needs to tweak something but if you can connect to generate the Distributor Certificate then it is 90% going to be the RSA Encryption not being accepted.

If you can’t generate the Distributor Certificate then it is a different issue.

Ron

I had the exact same issue!

I always make my own watchfaces, and I have no idea how to put it on the store, since, I’m the only one using it.
Now my watch resetted itself and had to reconnect my watchfaces, and now it gave me the exact same issue.

I deleted the .tizen folder, but didnt work.

I scrolled through my other project and there was one old one. Tried to install it and asking me for always on display, i clicked on yes, and suddenly it worked! It got passed the 65 percent and installed it on my watch. Also, somehow it didnt even turned on the Aod (which I never have)

So I went back to my watchface I wanted, and it didnt pass the analyze on pixel ratio. So then I “removed” the AOD again… installed… and worked!

So, Go to upper tab Project->Always-on State
Then it probably wont pass the test, but then remove it again, by clicking Project->Always-on state.

And send it to your device!

Gosh, this almost had me in tears to never use my own watchface again, and took me two hours to figure it out, I’ve read somewhere that someone said something about Always on display, and since I used that watchface frequently I probably always disabled that setting when installing, and it was a savior I clicked on an old one and all the settings popped up.

I’m happy for you to get your old watch face back.

If you updated your software you may have to get new Distributor (not Author) certificates. For certain you need to accept the RSA encryption key again.

There is a big issue with GWS 1.2.1 it does create the AOD but doesn’t load it the next time forcing you to do it over and over again. GWS 1.2.0 is a better choice if you are on Windows.

Ron

Hi!

Ah, I see.
Though I havent updated the program, it still was on GWS 1.2.0
When I came across the error, I googled the problem and after some research, I thought maybe I have to update the program.
So then I updated it to 1.2.1… but still had the same error.
I accepted the RSA on the watch, and also updated the distributor file, but didnt work.

It settled itself when I managed to turn on the AoD. Weird fix though haha. (This in 1.2.1 update though)

So, basically it wasnt the 1.2.1’s fault then.

But good to know! Thanks! I’ll downgrade.

Tizen 4 requires an AOD that is probably why it wouldn’t load on your Watch until you created one.

I think all watches from From Gear Sport and newer were updated to Tizen 4. Active 2 and Galaxy Watch3 run Tizen 5.5 but don’t even try to build that it was added to 1.2.1 by mistake.

Ron

Hello, My phone needed to be replaced. I have sent this watch face in the past to my Galaxy S3 Classic running Tizen 4.0.0.7. But when I try to run on the device, I get this SBD Command issue.

GWS201 error

Is there anything you may be able to help me with… I’m not sure what’s going on. I have updated Java. Made sure my Auth Cert has been updated. But no luck.

please help, thank you in advance.

Joe

First thing to know. Back up your Distributor.p12 and Author.p12 you cannot generate them in GWS since the first of September.

You probably should not have updated the Author Certificate that never goes out of date but it does not hurt to do so.

Your phone shouldn’t matter as you can’t connect by USB using SDB any longer Are you sending this by WiFi?

Do not update Java you probably should go back to an older version

Can you create a new topic about this issue so I can assist you better? There is a problem with the Forum software and you can’t create a new topic within a category. You have to go to the Forum Home and then add a new topic and move it to the Category.

I apologize for the inconvenience but having this in its own topic will let me help you better.

Ron

First thing to know. Back up your Distributor.p12 and Author.p12 you cannot generate them in GWS since the first of September.

Yes, I have backed those up…

“Your phone shouldn’t matter as you can’t connect by USB using SDB any longer Are you sending this by WiFi?”

Yes, I’m sending over WiFi

When you get a new phone you have to connect your Watch to the new phone and the only way to do this wipes all of your custom Watch faces and reset the Watch back to factory. The custom-made Watch Faces don’t transfer during the backup. I really wish they would implement this.

As for the image with the error. Is there a way to correct this…

Yeah I just got a new Flip and had to pair all my test watches and lost the test watch faces.

uninstall Java and go back to the 1.8 version Java 8 64 bit not the 32 bit. The newer ones are hit and miss if they are compatible.

If you updated to GWS 2.0.1 roll back to GWS 2.0.0 The 2.0.1 version does not update the AoD and that may be the missing package.

Rebuild it and then do the run on device.

Remember you will need to accept the RSA encryption key again.

Hope it is as simple at that. There is a big issue and you can’t generate new Distributor Certificates with GWS at this time.

Ron

Ok I rolled back the Java runtime to 1.81
Now I get past the first error I was receiving and now I have more errors… Please see below.

I says I have a certificate error at the bottom.
I do not plan on uploading this watch face to the store.
so I can generate a new Auth Cert if needed.
Please let me know what I should do next.
Thanks again for all your help.

New Errors

When trying to create a new Auth Cert I get a blank sign in page.

Generally the error -12 certificate timed out is you failed to accept the RSA encryption key

When you Run on Device you need to observe your watch closely after a short time a popup will come up asking you to accept an RSA Encryption key select yes and do not ask again for this device. If you miss that do not ask again don’t worry it never does anyway).

Then it will connect and sideload onto the watch.

If the RSA Encryption request does not come up then I have a fix for that.

If it comes up and you still get the Certificate error… then we are in trouble. I hope it doesn’t come to that.

Ron

how do i get the RSA Encryption to ask again

So the RSA did not popup. I tried Rebooting the watch and the GWS and then reconnecting. The GWS. no pop up…