Seller Account Portal setup

Is there a guide for setting up your Samsung Seller Account? I’ve been accepted as a designer and I’m ready to submit work, but I need to do this first as I understand. I have some questions about some of the information they need. Thank you.

When you go to the seller.samsungapps.com and sign in there are guides that can help. Also Samsung Developer Program has documented most of this on on the Connect Galaxy Store get started page.

If you have any difficulties You can ask them here and we’ll try to help. Just remember you are a commercial seller not a partner don’t apply as a partner. That is where some new designer sellers have a problem because that is for a different category of seller.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

Awesome, that was my first question.

My second question, which I can’t find in the guides, is what password are they looking for? I sign in through my google account. But the website says to enter my samsung password on the “basic information” page.

Thanks for your help.

I assume you are creating a seller account. The seller portal requires a seller account to upload to the store If you have a Samsung Account use that email and Password it will be much easier. If you don’t then I’d suggest create one.

I don’t know of anyone that didn’t have a Samsung Account but if there is a reason you don’t want one send me a private message (click on my user name here) and I’ll see if a Samsung Account is necessary.

Ron

Yes it’s for a seller account. I guess I need to use a different email address for the seller account than the email address I used to register as a themes designer?

When it asks for a password you make up the password isn’t the next line confirmation password?

You can have the Theme partner email different than the Seller Portal email if you want. I don’t think it has to be.

Ron

I feel like I’m making this harder than it’s supposed to be. I signed out of my samsung account, navigated to the seller.samsungapps.com website, and clicked sign up. After I click sign up, and enter my existing themes designer email into the form, the seller.samsungapps.com website says “you already have a samsung account, sign in first”. So I sign in using my themes account email address. When the website takes me back to the form, it asks me for a password. When I enter a password, it says the password doesn’t match and I can’t progress further in the account setup form.

Use your Samsung Account to sign in.

Ron