Spam, reviews & multiple accounts

Hello,

I have been wondering about a few things, i see every week the same watch faces being posted with just a name change the one that comes in mind right now is the one with the jaguar picture. Also is it possible an individual to have more than one seller accounts? Because i have seen the same person having 2 accounts and selling watch faces under the same name with a different brand in each account.

Another thing i would like to know, are the reviews done by buyers using coupons are they posted like normal reviews? For example if i give like 100 coupons and they all 100 of them review will it get posted on the store like the ones done by the ones that they actually bought the watch face and did a review?

I know, lots of questions…
I hope i have not insulted someone with these questions but its just i would like to know of these things if possible then i can know what its the normal or not.

Thank you.

I have been wondering about a few things, i see every week the same watch faces being posted with just a name change the one that comes in mind right now is the one with the jaguar picture.

This is not allowed under the terms of service If you can point me to the content I can check if it is the seller doing this or some fluke in the system Send me the information in a personal message here in the forum

Also is it possible an individual to have more than one seller accounts? Because i have seen the same person having 2 accounts and selling watch faces under the same name with a different brand in each account.

It was possible and often done but we are asking sellers with multiple accounts to condense into one. Again duplicate watch designs are not allowed under the terms and conditions If you can send me those I will investigate

Another thing i would like to know, are the reviews done by buyers using coupons are they posted like normal reviews?
Yes currently there is no way to distinguish how the buyer got the app when they review.

No problem, I think others are interested. The coupon reviews is especially on peoples mind.

Ron
Samsung Developer Program

FYI, if you use a different Copyright Holder name in the Advanced tab it could appear to be a different account; at least it used to work that way, I should test it unless someone knows definitively?

I cant seem to find the personal message button…

Oh, and that user posts hundreds of the exact same face with images taken from the Internet, so it would be easy for them to lose track of the images they are using. I thought the terms of service said that designs were supposed to be our own, however it seems using “stock” images is OK, as there is probably no way to validate. Once services such as Shutterstock find their images being used without subscriptions more attention will be paid :slight_smile:

I counted over 40 watch faces with the same “Jag” image, just with varying colour overlays :frowning:

If it was one or two watch faces i wouldnt have noticed it but it seems that same person has like 3 accounts but its the same owner and he is posting the same things over and over again and he is just changing the name or the color of the outlines.

Since i cant find the personal message button ill just post it here since its really obvious if you just browse through the new watch faces.

The names are:
Arturo’s gears
Neo Tech
Golden Gears
Design Studio

if you check the name of the owner its the same… and also many of the designs repeat over and over.

They might be others but this one was really obvious and its been weeks seeing it.

2 Likes

I can’t find those watch designs in the store perhaps that individual was caught?

I did notice another seller that seems to have a lot of very similar watch designs that I will check on.

Ron

I just opened the new watch faces section and it’s still there.
here is the link for the watch face and you can have a look on the rest of the watch faces of the seller and is the same person with the 3-4 same accounts

They don’t show in the New for my Active 2 watch but there is 36 Hunting Jag versions in the Galaxy Store. I’ve put in in inquiry to the review team to see if there is anything we can do about this.

Ron

It seems that they have removed them now, that is good but still that same person with multiple accounts is flooding the new watch faces section.
For example some one makes a watch face per week and has only a day for his watch face to show up because there is another person that uploads like 20-30 watch faces per day.
The one that spend a week or more to create a watch face made a quality watch face compared to the other that made 20-30 watch faces in a day by just slapping a random cute image from the internet adding a digital time and date and naming it cute raccoon 12hr/24hr blue.
I am new to the watch face making i don’t dare to compare myself to other guys that are making real quality watch faces but still i am trying to make something unique. Maybe there should be a limit to how many watch faces can someone upload per day, so that the rest of us will have a chance for our watch to appear longer than 10-12 hours, and not someone with 3-4 accounts will upload dozens per account per day.

Sorry for the long post.

2 Likes

I think there is a policy against this on the Themes store. I’ll suggest they create something for Watch Apps too.

Ron