as i read last year at the Samsung Theme Magazin Page, it says the PC Tool will terminate in End of February.
The most common reason is that Issues can be fix faster. However, this is completely wrong! Because there is a different and faster way. Also more climate conscious.
Some reasons even speak completely against the web tool.
- Permanent internet connection is necessary
- The UI and Menu from Web Tool loads sometimes very very slow and no it isn’t fix yet! But so often report it! And always they ask for the STP File… like a joke
- Really often the UI doesn’t load and it is dark grey Window!
- It depends on the browser (Chrome)
- The Way to test a Theme is difficult and time consuming
- Sometimes it need to load the libary again, this cost time
- Multiple themes at once update is no longer possible
- Visibility Check is useless, because it’s doenst check the Files on Real Device, it need to Check on same Devices, like the Validation Team
- About Speed for Theme creation, ex. it need for me on my PC around 5-7 Seconds to create a Theme, but on Web Tool i must wait around 40-60sec.
But now we come to the actual topic of how to implement the web tool in the PC tool
Why not add the option that the tool checks the ThemeMeta data for updates at the same time as the login, while asking whether you are authorized to use the tool and if there is an update, it is imported in the background? I though the Option was implement in the first Tool for Android M?
That the Tool is recompiled again and again for some minor ThemeMetaData updates too cumbersome. For Example: Android Q is published, so will only release a New Tool, ex. Galaxy Themes Studio 9 (Android P & Android Q support), but future Updates about ThemeMetaData will be update at same Time when you start the Program and Login., if there a ThemeMetaData Update available. And yes i know, that is possible!
So the Theme Tool team would only have to update the ThemeMetaDataFile to a Samsung server.
A permanent internet connection would therefore not be necessary, just as is currently as the program start for login.
Themes can still be created faster and thus save a time cost factor
Therefore about faster Theme Updates in Future, see the other Thread