Too many styles are breaking the galaxy wear app

I noticed that when i add a lot of style options then when you customize the watch face from the wear app, the elements will be displayed with wrong titles. For example instead of index options as it set from watch face studio the title will display another style option title. When the watch face is customized from the watch everything works fine.

If this only happens with a large number of Styles can you report this as a WFS Bug at Developer Support Request. If it isn’t something with WFS they can pass it on to the Wear OS Development team.

Ron
Samsung Developer Relations

Hello,

I have tried a project with many style( 7 style for Second hand, 7 style for Minute hand ,7 style for Hour hand, 10 style for Index and 13 theme color style). From my wearable app I can customize any style and the title also okay. I don’t face any problem.

I have attached a file. You can check and let me correct if I don’t understand your issue properly.

Could you please share any file or images for which you are facing issues.

manystyle.zip (660.2 KB)

I checked your file you only have 3 styles titles. Colors, Hands & index. Try putting more options for example to enable or disable images adding or removing elements the more you add the more the chances you will face the problem i do.

I will try to replicate the problem and attach a file.

It doesn’t always happen but when it does my only option is to start deleting styles till the issue goes away.

I managed to replicate the issue it actually happens when you add a lot of complications after i added up to five complications the issue started.
I attached the updated file.

manystyle new.zip (1.5 MB)

1 Like

Thank you for the file.
Yes now I can see the issue :blush:

Hi tsa1579182323,

Galaxy Wearable app team has resolved this issue. Hopefully the fix will be released within 2 ~ 3 months.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thank you,
Jakia

Hi tsa1579182323,

We have checked this issue at our end. This issue is resolved in the latest version of Galaxy Wearable app. Please check at your end.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Jakia

3 Likes

What is the latest Version of the wearable app?

My Versions:
Galaxy Wearable: 2.2.50.22072061
Galaxy Watch4 Manager: 2.2.11.22081151

Problem still exists. Complex watch faces are not able to customize with the Wearable App.
For example: Link

:thinking:

Hi Matze,

I don’t think the latest Wearable App has fully propagated out I have the same version as you and it is July version.

In the store it says it was updated Aug 31st I’ll check on it.

Ron

1 Like

From my end the issue is resolved.
My Versions:
Galaxy Watch4 Manager: 2.2.11.22083151

Simple designs working for me too, but more complex and graphic intense designs break the wearable app. Its start loading but never launch the customization menu inside the wearable app. Most of negative ratings i get because of this problem. :triumph:

2 Likes

Heavy images also break it as well. they fix the text issue but heavy images bug is still there.

Got today a newer version:
Galaxy Watch4 Manager: 2.2.11.22083151 (NEW)

Same version like Bosra.

This time i am able to enter the customization menu even it was just in 2nd try. But the App still leaves the customization menu when i try to change something. Even as i had tried to scroll the categories the app just close the whole thing.

The app have definitely still a problem with complex (large) watch faces. :roll_eyes:

I suggest you open a support request. This is an Android App that is developed by Samsung.

Ron

Ron

Little Update:

Got an answer by the Dev Team about that issue.

“This is a problem with the WCS (Watch Core Service), which Google manages. A Google Play Store releases will fix the problem. There are no usual date related to the release scheduled. Hoping you will receive the update in the next two months.”

So like always … we have to wait for Google fix something. :roll_eyes:

Ohh, then we can’t hope for this issue to be fixed anytime soon :slight_smile: let’s see with Pixel Watch they might fix it .

I still have this issue on all my wf that have more than 5 styles. Months have passed and Google and Samsung have done nothing about it.

HI Osman,

Look for a new version of WFS this quarter but I think the limitation is still there.

Ron

I have the latest one and yes this issue is still there :slightly_smiling_face:

It is probably a watch software limitation then. Hopefully they document this or not allow WFS to create more than 5 Styles

Ron

1 Like